Eating Vaseline/Petroleum Jelly

I didn’t know petroleum jelly was recommended against during sex. It’s my go to anal lube and so far chicks haven’t complained. I can’t imagine the elimination process though. You learn something new every day.

Also, I enjoy aloe on ice. Just a few ounces though and at a low amount doesn’t make you shit.

Maybe some broscience but after realizing what it does for external cuts and sunburns, it must be pretty restorative internally too. I would be curious if the stomach renders it ineffective though.

[quote]Mdgray82 wrote:

[quote]CargoCapable wrote:
I’m guessing it acts as a laxative. Bulemia is a sickness.[/quote]
^This. People also drink Aloe (gross) which seems to act in the same manner.[/quote]

I normally don’t partake in snake oil treatments but had an Holistic Doctor tell me Aloe Juice is a great drink to keep in your fridge and have a glass a day, cure of all things, balance this or that. Tried it for 1 gallon and forced myself to have 8oz per day.

To make a long story short I didn’t notice much difference except that I dreaded drinking it everyday.

And on a side note I wouldn’t say Aloe-Juice is apples to apples with Petroleum Jelly since I bought it in the juice section at the local health food store.

Unless otherwise indicated, the aloe you find in stores has most of the laxative properties extracted. The aloe that is specific for laxative use will contain higher levels of active component aloin.

Aloe vera has a LOT of claims in the natural health biz, and some are substantiated.

There is evidence that aloe is great for blood sugar support.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

I give up.[/quote]

LOL - btw did you see my post about the how do you eat thread idea?[/quote]

No, I didn’t[/quote]

I think you make many good points in the supps forum.

Essentially i would like to read a j-fit how do you eat? thread along the lines of the how do you train ones. Basically your thoughts on nutrition, how they came about, what you’ve tried books you’ve read, things which didn’t work etc.

Personally I think it would be of use to many people here, but don’t know if you agree and/or want to go to the effort? Not that you are some top nutrition guru or whatever, but interesting none the less and easy for people to post/ disagree while hopefully remaining civil.

[quote]anthropocentric wrote:
Unless otherwise indicated, the aloe you find in stores has most of the laxative properties extracted. The aloe that is specific for laxative use will contain higher levels of active component aloin.

Aloe vera has a LOT of claims in the natural health biz, and some are substantiated.

There is evidence that aloe is great for blood sugar support. [/quote]
What are some other substantiated claims if you don’t mind?

I hate googling relatively unheard of supps because all I find are snakeoil-esque rap sheets that make it look like god in a bottle.

Any insight would be appreciated.

I hate googling relatively unheard of supps because all I find are snakeoil-esque rap sheets that make it look like god in a bottle.

Any insight would be appreciated.[/quote]

Well I have used Aloe Vera juice myself off and on for about a year and I felt some benefit with every bottle. My problem is that I drink it more like juice so I run out too fast, and that is expensive. (Sidenote: You are more likely to experience laxative effect on high dose of Coconut Water than Aloe Juice)

*Immune system (people going through chemo / cancer remission swear by high quality aloe)
*Hydration
*Digestion / helps acid reflux for some people
-increases nutrient absorption

Those are the main benefits – almost everything else falls under those categories. Aloe just tends to improve the quality of cells, wherever it is absorbed. Things heal faster, inflammation is controlled, etc.

If you have the money for it, its definitely a good drink to have in the fridge.

Oh yea, I should also mention that the components in aloe vera are unique to aloe vera – certain enzymes and such. I would consider it a superfood in it’s own right.

I didn’t know petroleum jelly was recommended against during sex. It’s my go to anal lube and so far chicks haven’t complained. I can’t imagine the elimination process though. You learn something new every day.[/quote]

Dude. If you actually care about her, use water-based lubricants.

[quote]chillain wrote:

I didn’t know petroleum jelly was recommended against during sex. It’s my go to anal lube and so far chicks haven’t complained. I can’t imagine the elimination process though. You learn something new every day.[/quote]

[/quote]

And since we’re on topic, all natural Aloe based lubes can also be found in your local health store.

[quote]chillain wrote:

[/quote]
I don’t.

Any insight would be appreciated.[/quote]

Well I have used Aloe Vera juice myself off and on for about a year and I felt some benefit with every bottle. My problem is that I drink it more like juice so I run out too fast, and that is expensive. (Sidenote: You are more likely to experience laxative effect on high dose of Coconut Water than Aloe Juice)

*Immune system (people going through chemo / cancer remission swear by high quality aloe)
*Hydration
*Digestion / helps acid reflux for some people
-increases nutrient absorption

Those are the main benefits – almost everything else falls under those categories. Aloe just tends to improve the quality of cells, wherever it is absorbed. Things heal faster, inflammation is controlled, etc.

If you have the money for it, its definitely a good drink to have in the fridge.

Oh yea, I should also mention that the components in aloe vera are unique to aloe vera – certain enzymes and such. I would consider it a superfood in it’s own right.

[/quote]
Thanks, improving the quality of cells and reducing inflammation is interesting to me and what I hoped given external application results. I’m just surprised the stomach doesn’t ruin the effect and will try to research this aspect of it. Do you know of any studies showing reduced inflammation off hand?

Thought this was interesting though credibility is hard to discern:

http://www.aloe1.com/internal-use-research/78-aloe-vera-on-muscle-pain-and-inflammation

Millhouse puts vaseline on toast, so…

https://www.google.com/search?q=pubmed+aloe+vera+inflammation&sugexp=chrome,mod=3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Thanks man. I don’t have inflammatory bowel disease but I will just assume the anti-inflammatory effects do make it to the rest of the body. I’ve been drinking the stuff, it can’t hurt either way I guess.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

I give up.[/quote]

No, I didn’t[/quote]

Essentially i would like to read a j-fit how do you eat? thread along the lines of the how do you train ones. Basically your thoughts on nutrition, how they came about, what you’ve tried books you’ve read, things which didn’t work etc.

Personally I think it would be of use to many people here, but don’t know if you agree and/or want to go to the effort? Not that you are some top nutrition guru or whatever, but interesting none the less and easy for people to post/ disagree while hopefully remaining civil.[/quote]

Gotcha. My PMs don’t seem to work, if you would try PMing me and I’ll link you to some articles I’ve written for another site. If we can’t get the PMs to work then I’ll see if I can break away from my rants on here and answer your questions.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Imagine the greasy shits![/quote]
but your ass would be so soft and smooth :stuck_out_tongue:

for additional wiping comfort?

Somewhat relevant…

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

I give up.[/quote]

No, I didn’t[/quote]

Personally I think it would be of use to many people here, but don’t know if you agree and/or want to go to the effort? Not that you are some top nutrition guru or whatever, but interesting none the less and easy for people to post/ disagree while hopefully remaining civil.[/quote]

Gotcha. My PMs don’t seem to work, if you would try PMing me and I’ll link you to some articles I’ve written for another site. If we can’t get the PMs to work then I’ll see if I can break away from my rants on here and answer your questions.[/quote]

It was actually in another thread you were posting in, I cannot send or receive PMs either.

That would be great if you wouldn’t mind at some point, I think it wouldbe a good thread.

i seem to recall that petroleum based lubricants have a nasty habit of dissolving, or just weakening, latex condoms.