Eating Too Much for a Cut?

Ok I wiegh about 212lb’s dropped about 7-8lbs in the last couple of months and im still just trying to lose that last fat around the abs.Im going to try to elminate dairy completly as that may be part of the problem? But I also want to check im not getting to many kcals a day? right im using the T-dawg 2.0 and im strict I NEVER cheat apart from my one allowed cheat meal a week.I take in around 2500-kcals a day.Now is that too high? for a 212lbs(measured first thing in the morning) guy? whose only exercise is at the gym,and 3x20 mins of cardio a week?

Help I need to have a lean waist! :wink:

You don’t tell us how tall you are or your frame size. But you’re trying to lose fat. At 212 lbs, 2500 calories is probably not enough to even maintain lean mass, but it depends on what weight you’re trying to get to. Don’t drop calories too fast. Take is slow and easy.

Doberman,
Often it’s better to simply increase the aerobic kcal expenditure (perhaps starting a pre-breakfast brisk walk every weekday) when usual exercise efforts don’t seem to be getting the stubborn fatty areas adequately lean.

If there’s time/ room in overall training load, always consider kcal “draining” via exercise over further kcal restriction. 2500 kcal isn’t unreasonable, being well below your maintenance needs.

[quote]bikemike wrote:
You don’t tell us how tall you are or your frame size. But you’re trying to lose fat. At 212 lbs, 2500 calories is probably not enough to even maintain lean mass, but it depends on what weight you’re trying to get to. Don’t drop calories too fast. Take is slow and easy.[/quote]

Sorry Mike im 6.05ft.Weight im trying to get to? well at the moment I just want to remove the last bit of fat around my gut so my “abb’s show” and I can start a 8 month bulk to hit supreme goal of gaining more LBM.

[quote]Lonnie Lowery wrote:
Doberman,
Often it’s better to simply increase the aerobic kcal expenditure (perhaps starting a pre-breakfast brisk walk every weekday) when usual exercise efforts don’t seem to be getting the stubborn fatty areas adequately lean.

If there’s time/ room in overall training load, always consider kcal “draining” via exercise over further kcal restriction. 2500 kcal isn’t unreasonable, being well below your maintenance needs.
[/quote]

Doc L,

Thanks for the good advice.Im trying to add in more cardio as it is.But time restricts(no excuse I know)By the way i’ve always seemed to have this little-belly even as a kid no matter how lean other parts of me are/were.Could this be a sign of Low-T? as I remember reading somewhere that could be a symptom?

Most of us have stubborn areas that only “come off” long after everything else is officially ripped. Is’s a drag with no good answer.

But here’s one nutty thing I have done. After noticing that my lower abs were ice cold during cardio… and considering that fat-mobilizing blood flow should be warm (37 degrees C body temp), I started wearing a weight belt backward prior to cardio to warm the area.

Get yourself a couple of 45lb dumbbells and do 4 minutes of Tabata thrusters before breakfast every morning. Then crawl to the breakfast table.

[quote]Lonnie Lowery wrote:
Most of us have stubborn areas that only “come off” long after everything else is officially ripped. Is’s a drag with no good answer.

But here’s one nutty thing I have done. After noticing that my lower abs were ice cold during cardio… and considering that fat-mobilizing blood flow should be warm (37 degrees C body temp), I started wearing a weight belt backward prior to cardio to warm the area.[/quote]

Hmmm. Interesting. Makes me think of those hot yoga classes. My girlfriend loves them. Maybe I’ll join her sometimes. Maybe…maybe not