Eating to... Maintain?

So I plan to compete in Nov and I want to maintain weight, which is new to me because Im usually cutting or bulking.

My stats are 6’1" 195lbs, I plan to compete at 198lbs

Im not gonna post everything I eat because no one cares.

But on an average lifting day my totals add up to about

4,500 Cals
230 Carbs
240g Fat
300g Protein

I back load most of my carbs.

Non lifting days are about the same cals, 150 Carbs, 170g Fat and 225g Protein

Im currently on a 5/3/1 like program 4 lifting days and 3 off days, and I do either hill sprints or sled drags 3-4x per week.

Any one willing to give me some advice? will this keep me about the same weight while I still gain strength?

Nobody can answer this but you. For some people this would cause weight gain, for others weight loss. You will just have to track your weight and see how you react then adjust accordingly.

My first response is that if you have been eating a certain way and have stayed at your current weight for a while then just continue what you have been doing. My second response is that if you are 3 lbs under weight right now that means you can stand to gain some by contest time. I like to max out whatever weight class I am in so I usually compete at the highest weight possible for that range.

Unless you happen to just tie someone, then the winner is the lighter lifter but I want to beat my previous best lifts so I don’t worry so much about weight. You can also easily go up to 201-202 and drop some water weight before the competition. When is your weigh in? If you can weigh in the night before you can do some low carb eating and watch your water and sodium intake in the days leading up to the competition and then carb up after weigh in the night before. I have competed at 197lbs in the 198’s and as 181lbs in the 181’s.

If you want some suggestions on dropping water weight I can help there or you can find tons of resources online just don’t get drastic or your strength can suffer having to drop too much.

[quote]jsmiley07 wrote:
My first response is that if you have been eating a certain way and have stayed at your current weight for a while then just continue what you have been doing. My second response is that if you are 3 lbs under weight right now that means you can stand to gain some by contest time. I like to max out whatever weight class I am in so I usually compete at the highest weight possible for that range.

Unless you happen to just tie someone, then the winner is the lighter lifter but I want to beat my previous best lifts so I don’t worry so much about weight. You can also easily go up to 201-202 and drop some water weight before the competition. When is your weigh in? If you can weigh in the night before you can do some low carb eating and watch your water and sodium intake in the days leading up to the competition and then carb up after weigh in the night before. I have competed at 197lbs in the 198’s and as 181lbs in the 181’s.

If you want some suggestions on dropping water weight I can help there or you can find tons of resources online just don’t get drastic or your strength can suffer having to drop too much.[/quote]

Thanks for the words bud! Its pretty hard to actually good advice on this site sometimes so thanks for the help.

I think my weigh in is the 15th of Nov.

How much would you say is safe to go over if Im gonna drop water weight?

You can drop water weight pretty quick just make sure you rehydrate and carb up afterwards. I wouldnt fear being 202 a week out. Some guys have been known to drop over 20lbs for a comp but they know their bodies and what to do afterwards.

How much weight you can drop really depends on if your weigh in is the day of or the day before. In either case 4 lbs is fine. There is a good article on elitefts about making weight where essentially the guy drinks a lot (and I mean A LOT) of water the week leading up to the contest then stops 12 hours before the weigh in. http://www.elitefts.com/documents/making_weight.htm

If you want to go hardcore: http://www.elitefts.com/documents/cut_max_weight_for_comp.htm

Personally I’d just keep doing what you’re doing. Be happy you have a quality problem.