Eating to Become a Navy Diver

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]tylerlehmann wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

Yes I calculated correctly. If I add the power shake it should add about 800 cal and I’m not sure about the cal for spaghetti but it will be upwards of 500 so with that it should put me around 3300-3500 cal. I still think I can lose with that.[/quote]

You “calculated it correctly” when in fact you are consuming 1,000 to 1,200 calories more than what “you calculated correctly”?! 1,200 calories is more than 33% of what you calculated correctly.

Are you kidding me?

You also calculated when you’re unsure of the caloric amount of spaghetti which indicated you probably don’t know the correct caloric values of many foods.

This is not a guessing game. Look up stuff in a calorie counter, either a book or a site. [/quote]

I know exactly what I am eating. I have been eating the same thing for months now. I am adding the swimming so I wanted to add more carbs so I am asking as a general question if you think it looks like enough. Don’t tell me how to calculate cal and micro nutrients I have done it for the past two years. [/quote]

You’ve been doing it for the past two years yet you’re still 20%BF?

if you “know exactly what you’re doing” then why are you posting here? If you think you’re going to show up in Panama City with 20%BF and make it through dive school your crazy.

I have plenty of time to get into Diver shape before I enlist [/quote]

You think that but it doesnt work that way. Judging by what you’ve said in this thread so far I dont see you getting in bad ass shape before you enlist. Even if you do get in awesome shape, your condition will get worst in boot camp. Navy bootcamp is a joke physicaly (even if you get to hit the dive motivator PTs a couple times a week)

You’re in for an eye opening experience[/quote]
I don’t think I can show up for bootcamp at 20%. If I did, don’t you think I would just go enlist now? I am at 20% if that, down from 48% two years ago. So I haven’t been at 20% for two years. If I knew everyone needed my life story before asking questions I would have noted that. I have a list of meats and there break down by ounces and I weigh all my foods. What I am saying is I eat like my meal plan lays out all the time. Why can anyone just look at what I have laid out and say “looks like you will need more carbohydrates in your diet.” or “I would move meal 3 to meal 5’s spot.” If I wanted specific information I would have listed all the micro nutients and cal brake downs. Why does everyone here assume that everyone else is a complete idiot? So all I’m asking is for general responses not you need 25.6 grams more protein.[/quote]

Want a general response? Your inability to read, learn, take a serious approach, focus on the details, and develop specific goals is going to limit your ability to achieve success, and is probably a reflection of your lifestyle in general.

People don’t become elite physically, mentally, or in any other respect by asking for general information. You think big companies just sit in meetings and think “we generally need to make more money in Q1” or that focused military personnel sit around and say “I generally need to take over this sector”.

To achieve success in any facet of life, you need to break it down and set specific goals. You could start by setting a target BF% along with target test metrics that you need to hit for dive school.[/quote]

My inability to read and learn? Fuck you. If you have nothing to say on topic but criticize me, a person you know through the 4 internet posts I have made GTFO. My goals are performance based this is just food I am eating while working towards those goals.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

Yes I calculated correctly. If I add the power shake it should add about 800 cal and I’m not sure about the cal for spaghetti but it will be upwards of 500 so with that it should put me around 3300-3500 cal. I still think I can lose with that.[/quote]

You “calculated it correctly” when in fact you are consuming 1,000 to 1,200 calories more than what “you calculated correctly”?! 1,200 calories is more than 33% of what you calculated correctly.

Are you kidding me?

You also calculated when you’re unsure of the caloric amount of spaghetti which indicated you probably don’t know the correct caloric values of many foods.

This is not a guessing game. Look up stuff in a calorie counter, either a book or a site. [/quote]

I know exactly what I am eating. I have been eating the same thing for months now. I am adding the swimming so I wanted to add more carbs so I am asking as a general question if you think it looks like enough. Don’t tell me how to calculate cal and micro nutrients I have done it for the past two years. [/quote]

if you “know exactly what you’re doing” then why are you posting here? If you think you’re going to show up in Panama City with 20%BF and make it through dive school your crazy.

You think that but it doesnt work that way. Judging by what you’ve said in this thread so far I dont see you getting in bad ass shape before you enlist. Even if you do get in awesome shape, your condition will get worst in boot camp. Navy bootcamp is a joke physicaly (even if you get to hit the dive motivator PTs a couple times a week)

I don’t think I can show up for bootcamp at 20%. If I did, don’t you think I would just go enlist now? I am at 20% if that, down from 48% two years ago. So I haven’t been at 20% for two years. If I knew everyone needed my life story before asking questions I would have noted that. I have a list of meats and there break down by ounces and I weigh all my foods. What I am saying is I eat like my meal plan lays out all the time. Why can anyone just look at what I have laid out and say “looks like you will need more carbohydrates in your diet.” or “I would move meal 3 to meal 5’s spot.” If I wanted specific information I would have listed all the micro nutients and cal brake downs. Why does everyone here assume that everyone else is a complete idiot? So all I’m asking is for general responses not you need 25.6 grams more protein.[/quote]

Want a general response? Your inability to read, learn, take a serious approach, focus on the details, and develop specific goals is going to limit your ability to achieve success, and is probably a reflection of your lifestyle in general.

People don’t become elite physically, mentally, or in any other respect by asking for general information. You think big companies just sit in meetings and think “we generally need to make more money in Q1” or that focused military personnel sit around and say “I generally need to take over this sector”.

To achieve success in any facet of life, you need to break it down and set specific goals. You could start by setting a target BF% along with target test metrics that you need to hit for dive school.[/quote]

My inability to read and learn? Fuck you. If you have nothing to say on topic but criticize me, a person you know through the 4 internet posts I have made GTFO. My goals are performance based this is just food I am eating while working towards those goals.[/quote]

Maturity at its finest.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

Are you kidding me?

Good post.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

Are you kidding me?

I didn’t tell you HOW to. I told you to DO IT.

So, why do you want to be a Navy Diver Tyler?

[quote]Evolv wrote:
So, why do you want to be a Navy Diver Tyler?[/quote]

I am not happy with what I am doing now and I dont want to go to school. I feel that if I am going to join the Military that I am going to be in for the long haul. And if I’m going to spend 20+ years of my life in I want to do something that will be enjoyable and different.

My uncle was a Navy Diver for 7 years before he changed careers and became captain of 4 tug boats. So I have an adviser in my career path.

[quote]Evolv wrote:
So I have an adviser in my career path.[/quote]

Oh, never mind then. Carry on.

Your best advise will come from your uncle.

As a veteran my thoughts are clear. See the recruiter, pass the tests, sign the papers, complete basic training. Re the swimming. Practice retrieving a weight from the deep end of the pool. See the recruiter. Anything else is BS. You do not even know if you qualify for basic training.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

Are you kidding me?

Good post. [/quote]

Thank you, I know we see eye to eye on some things. Hopefully the OP will take it seriously sooner or later.

Unless you’re crazy, bodybuilder-like muscular, 250lbs probably has you at over 20% BF.

[quote]philipj wrote:
As a veteran my thoughts are clear. See the recruiter, pass the tests, sign the papers, complete basic training. Re the swimming. Practice retrieving a weight from the deep end of the pool. See the recruiter. Anything else is BS. You do not even know if you qualify for basic training.[/quote]

As a non-veteran, this sounds like solid advice.