T Nation

Eating Plan and Food Journal

First, hello guys, My name's Andrey and I'm 16 from Israel,I apologize in advance if my english has mistakes in it, it's not my mother language.

I weight as we speak 139 KG’s, and when I started dieting in November I weighed 152 KG’s, when I lost something close to 15 KG’s I became very satisfied with myself, despite still being a very fat person, and I started cheating on my diet and using excuses (holidays, birthdays,parties…) to eat really really alot of fattening food.

My eating plan is as follows (This eating plan will begin on Sunday seeing that Passover holiday is now, and I cannot eat bread in Passover).

07:35 am 2 hard boiled eggs + 125 grams of cottage cheese (3% fat)
10:25 2 Whole-wheat sandwiches + tuna.
13:35 rice+ beef/chicken + vegetables.
17;35 2 apples.
20:35 yogurt + cottage cheese + raw oats.

My eating journal for today (in Israel the day just ended and now it’s 1 a.m.)
was as follows :
09:35 2 eggs omlette(with onion) + 1 matzo + cottage cheese.
13:20 1 matzo with cottage cheese
15:20 veggie soup +potatoes+ salad.
20:30 4 pieces fish (Fillet Salmon) + potatoes.
22:35 2*maza + cottage, 1 peanut cookie

You eat far too many carbs if you’re trying to cut, my friend. Replace them with healthy fats and eat them only while/immediately after lifting (and possibly at breakfast, too). Have protein with every meal (see you have a couple apples for your entire meal). I highly suggest you look at the nutrition articles provided on this site. Your choices would be more suitable if you were <10% bodyfat, but you are not. Research and scour the articles, that’s why they’re here.

What are “carbs”?
P.s. -beginning of journal for Saturday April 26th 2008
11:15 (15 minutes after having woken up) 1/2 a matzo + cottage cheese (250grams of 3% fat) + yogurt (150 grams of 4% fat).
11:55 1 slices (12 grams) of 9% fat salty cheese “Bulgarian”, 2 slices (21 grams) of 22% fat cheese.

15:30 4 Turkey breasts + veggie salad. 2 glassfulls (each 220 ml) of diet coke.
20:50 Turkey breast + vegatbles soup.
We made about 6 Kg’s of Turkies on the BBQ today, so that’s all I had for lunch and dinner.
Going out for daily cardio now (21:05)

Sunday April 27th 2008 :
06:30 2 eggs omlette + 1/2 onion chopped in it.
11:35 3 pieces fish (Salmon) + veggie salad (Mixed).
17:35 mashed potatos (1/4 plate) + pepper filled with beef meat.
19:00 chicken soup.
going now out for daily cardio - planned pw meal.
20:35 (planned meal) yogurt + cottage + cheese

Cardio went well, but last meal was at 21:25 and not 20:35
Does anyone see any criticism to my eatings? Any things to improve or change?

FJ,

Carbs (and carb) is short for carbohydrates. If it isn’t animal in origin, then it is a carb food.

Fruits and vegetables are good sources. Grains (such as oats, rice, breads, and pastas) and potatoes are marginal at best. If you’re a skinny guy or bulking they would be ok. If you’re trying to lose fat and your losses have stalled, try cutting that stuff out and see what happens.

Monday april 28th 2008:
06:35 oatmeal + cottage cheese.(oatmeal half a plate, cottage cheese 150 G’s of 3%)
12:00 shawarma in a plate + salad.
16:35 2 pieces fish (unrecognizable, each piece about 2 forkfulls), 1 apple. chicken soup

Had a kickass workout - Karate class - first general warmup (some agility drills,spars, and such),technique work ,strength section (assisted handstand pushups, Pushups with someone on your back, sprinting with someone on your back…)and Katas.
My cardio was done following the class - walking my way to home.
PW meal : 2 slices of ww bread, yogurt (150g,4% fat) and cottage cheese (250g 3% fat)

Tuesday april 29th 2008:
08:15 2 eggs omlette + raw oats in it (for fiber).
11:00 2 red peppers + cottage cheese.
13:35 2 slices light-bread + carrot salad.

Lunch- 3:45 pm
-2 pieces (about 2 forkfuls each) of fish - princess of the nile.

• 4 potatos (small)
    cardio
    Dinner - 8:20 pm
    -kefir (100g)
    -cottage cheese (3% 150 g)

Wednesday April 30th 2008 :
6:55 AM 2 eggs omlette
12:00 rice + chicken leg + chicken hip
15:30 veggie soup + veggie salad + 2 slices fish (fillet salmon)

My god I did HIIT today, and I can’t feel my lungs… I’m shaking and have no breath.
18:35 2 slices bread.
20:35 cereal + milk //I know it’s a sucky meal, But I’m out of cottage and yogurt.
Note: I’m at sepanto’s house and will probably update again this night or tommorow

Thursday May 1st 2008
Weigh in - 137 KG’s!
09:35 ww bagget + shnitzel
13:35 rice + 2 pieces fish (princess of the Nile - finished the fish - no more fish till next week!)
16:35 2 matzas

[quote]Madman2 wrote:
FJ,

Carbs (and carb) is short for carbohydrates. If it isn’t animal in origin, then it is a carb food.

Fruits and vegetables are good sources. Grains (such as oats, rice, breads, and pastas) and potatoes are marginal at best. If you’re a skinny guy or bulking they would be ok. If you’re trying to lose fat and your losses have stalled, try cutting that stuff out and see what happens.[/quote]

Nuts and seeds are not animal in orignin nor are they carb foods.

pw meal (20:35) yogurt + cottage cheese + raw oats.
Weekly measurments! in cms
right bicep - 36 unflexed, 38 flexed.
left bicep - 37 unflexed, 38.5 flexed
right calf - 55 unflexed, 57.5 flexed.
left calf - 54 unflexed, 57 flexed.
right thigh 71
left thigh 69
waist 117
bellybutton 125.

Friday May 2nd!
I got up today, and was at the beach for something like 5 hours, so I’m all sub-burnt! though I did catch alot of waves and swam in the sea. I have a wierd soreness in my traps, despite not having trained traps. Does anyone know why this might happen?
Food journal :
08:55 2 eggs omlette + cottage cheese.
14:35 4 slices bread + cottage cheese.
16:00 2 potatos + stewen beef (2 pieces) + veggie soup

Saturday May 3rd.
I went hiking today in the Golan heights - a 6 hour long mountain climb … I had a cheat meal today - No excuses other than I wanted it.

07:55 2 eggs omlette + cottage cheese + 2 slices rye bread.
15:20 (post-climb) llafa + shawarma.
17:35 2 whole-wheat sandwiches + sardines.
21:30 4 pieces fish (fillet salmon) + veggie soup.

Sunday May 4th.
I spent all the day studying, but went to swim a bit in the evening. going out for cardio (basketball today) in a few minutes. I found a picture of me from Purim (about a month ago).

Purim is the Jewish version for Halloween, and as such I was dressed up as an unrecognizable monster which dragged Pharaoh’s cart. (it was a team custom of 15 men and 4 vehicles, I was the massive monster with a toga and a helmet which dragged the cart (1 car) and some people were Pharaoh’s army and people,

and some were the Israelis whom we were “chasing” and in the middle we stopped and they began got the 10 commandments and we put up some cool music. and also we threw alot of water on each other, and that was supposed to signify how moses broke the red sea and such and such…)

I realize I blabbered quite abit, so I’ll just put my food log down.
08:55 2 eggs omlette + 1 slice bread
11:35 2 slices bread + cottage cheese (250g).
15:35 beef stew + veggie soup + 2 gums (sugar free).
18:35 1 apple, 1/2 a can of tuna (~100 grams).

I just finished preparing my meals for tommorow since i won’t be home since 6:15 am to 8:45 pm.
2 omlettes,baked potatos,shnitzel, canned tuna, cottage cheese.
as of today, last meal was this :

cottage cheese (250g 3% fat)+ yogurt(150g 4% fat) + raw oats (2 spoonfulls).
I just set the alarm for 5 am so I can get my cardio before I go out, so good night people