Eating Periods Over a 24 Hour Period

Ok so I have a question regarding calories over a 24 hour period and counting them.
So normally for an example a person eats 3 meals a day. 10 a.m.(800 Cal) 2 p.m.(800 Cal) 6 p.m.(400 Cal) for a grand total of 2000 Calories. This person starts their calorie count at 10 a.m. and ends their eating period at 6 p.m.

What if on the other hand a person ate 3 meals, same calories per meal and everything but changed the times.
This person starts their calorie intake at 10 p.m. (800 Cal) 10 a.m. (800 Cal) and 2 p.m. (400 Cal)

The main difference between the two is that one has their first meal at 10 a.m. and last meal at 6 p.m. and their calorie count resets at 10 a.m. each day
The second person’s calorie count resets every night at 10 p.m. so their first meal would be at that time even though really they still ate during the day so it wouldnt be their first meal but 10 p.m. is when their calorie count would reset.

So my main question is would the two people be eating the same weekly calories? Is there a downside or any differences between the two besides meal timing?

Maybe I’m missing something but to me this translates as:

Person 1 - 800,800,400 = 2000 calories per day
Person 2 - 800,400,800 = 2000 calories per day

So yeah they’d be eating the same number of calories per week.

I’ll let someone more knowledgeable weigh in on meal timing though.