Eating More Vegetables

[quote]TITI MATIBAY wrote:
for the fruits and beans recommendations, I’m on Berardi’s get shredded diet, where he recommends all carbs to come from vegetables. I’m guessing this is due to the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants… but the diet was written before superfoods was available. I’ll see how it goes, and maybe I’ll cut my vegetable servings in half and just have some fruits at night.[/quote]

That would not be the Get Shredded Diet then.

If I remember right, Berardi gives a list of vegetables to eat. The high volume of veggies helps with hunger, and there is probably some TEF as well. You won’t get that same effect adding fruit at night. You wouldn’t get the TEF with Superfood (though I would surely use it anyway for the nutrients).

People are starting to accept Beans. And Yes i used to fear beans. but now i just eat them. Usually in the meals after workin out. And yes, the soy sauce i get is fermented. you can taste the difference. =P

Oh i use alot of black pepper, and chilli powder, and sometimes turmeric powder. Spicy as hell. I sweat alot. Especially when i eat. TEF Roar.

Fearing beans???!?

It’s ridiculous to fear beans (except maybe the inability to digest them). For normal everyday dieting, if you want to eat beans, eat beans.

However, we’re talking about the Get Shredded diet. If you’re gonna follow a diet, then follow it.

Beans would not necessarily substitute for fibrous veggies like broccoli or lettuce. Beans have a lot more carbs in a serving, and they raise insulin much more than fibrous veggies. In fact, they raise insulin more than other starchy carbs – more than equal servings of pasta, rice, grain bread, or french fries. So if the goal in a diet is to keep insulin low (as it is in Get Shredded), then beans are probably not going to give that same result.

Eat cherry tomatoes, snow peas and sugar snap peas as a snack food. After a while it’s as easy as a fat guy eating chips. You can also cook those and bell peppers together like pasta as a sort of filler for meals; mixed with italian sausage, marinara, and mozzarella you can produce a mean pasta-free baked ziti.