Eating McDonalds Everyday

I’m going to eat a meal from McDonalds everyday.

The rest of my calories will be determined by an advanced dieting algorithm which is in the prototype stage.

The following picture is my before picture.

Did I mention my plan is to get shredded?

This is going to end in a cluster fuck.

Can you get shredded eating that crap every day? Yes. Why would you though? It tastes like crap, and is not healthy for you in any way.

Reminds me of the Predator Program guy, except dumber.

Here’s that gem of a thread: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_bigger_stronger_leaner/the_predator_program

Alright guys, here is my diet for today.

3 McDoubles

Protein: 65 g
Carbs: 102 g
Fat: 51 g

6 scoops of protein powder

Protein: 126 g
Carbs: 42 g
Fat: 8 g

2 Packages of Quick Grits

Protein: 4 g
Carbs: 42 g
Fat: 3 g

Total

Protein: 195 g
Carbs: 186 g
Fat: 62 g

hyper-metabolic (my algorithm) said that I missed my goals for the day by this much

Protein Balance: 49
Carb Balance: -20
Fat Balance: 16

I under estimated how many carbs were in the protein powder that I’m using, so I will change things up a bit tomorrow. I will probably reduce the grits to 1 pack, add 3 large whole eggs, and 1 cup egg whites to get within range.

I looked at the predator program thread briefly.

my thoughts…

His diet is not ideal because he does not consume carbohydrates.

Carbohydrates enhance performance and fat loss. Humans are not carnivores. The hormone leptin which regulates body weight in humans is heavily influenced by carbohydrates. That alone should have stopped him from even attempting that diet.

His training plan also sucked. It didn’t contain enough volume or any form of a progression scheme.

Unlike his program, my plan is well thought out. I’m out of shape, and I haven’t trained in a year, but I know what I’m doing.

So, you may be wondering why I choose McDonalds…

The main reason is that I don’t have too much time anymore, and I can’t be bothered to cook food anymore. I choose McDonalds because their food has a set amount of calories and macronutrients. Since they are a mega corporation, they standardize all of their food to the gram in order to control cost. I know every time that i buy food from them that I’m buying X amount of protein, fat, and carbs.

Despite what people think, McDonalds food has a lot of micronutrients. The 3 mcdoubles I ate had 600mg of calcium in their buns. Calcium is a fat loss supplement. The beef and cheese had 3g of CLA which is another fat loss supplement.

And total daily nutrients…none!

I take a multi.

Soooooooo…Did you quit already? Not being a dick, just wanted to see how this is going.

I envy you.

Not sure if you’re still on this “diet” or not, but you might want to look into the quality of the macro- and micro-nutrients you believe you are obtaining from your “food”.

If I gave you a scrap of old shoe leather wrapped in an oily rag, and told you that it contained thirty grams of protein, ten grams of carbohydrates, and fifteen grams of fat, I would not technically be lying.

You’re lying to yourself, however, if you believe that amino acids from shoe leather, carbs from cotton rags, and fatty acids from motor oil are good bodybuilding foods.

Granted, McDonalds is higher quality than the aforementioned Scrappy Meal, but not by much.

Oh, and that calcium in the buns? Calcium sulphate, otherwise known as Plaster of Paris. Yeah. Your intestinal tract will thank you for that. Better stick to oily cotton rags. At least they have some fibre.