Eating Less or Doing More?

doesn’t the length of the cut effect things a lot? My current cut has been really easy so far, as mentally I know it’ll be only a few weeks total

edit: I meant physiologically and/or psychologically, whatever you can comment on

[quote]optheta wrote:
What you weighing these days Paulie? Looking badass.[/quote]

haha aprreesh, good lighting and some flex can make all the difference, like 212

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
doesn’t the length of the cut effect things a lot? My current cut has been really easy so far, as mentally I know it’ll be only a few weeks total

edit: I meant physiologically and/or psychologically, whatever you can comment on[/quote]

Definitely. Long (severe) cuts as a natty can be brutal. Hormones can/will tank. There is a reason why competitive natties don’t get fat in the off season and people advise fat natties to take diet breaks at some point.

[quote]EyeDentist wrote:
John Berardi thinks more food + more work is superior to less food + less work:

Agreed.

Depending on how lean you want to get, you may eventually need to start knocking back less calories. But more activity smartly added to your routine will do wonders. I started my last contest diet at 5k thanks to Berardi’s G-Flux (was bulking at 6k, so 5k was a big drop).

I’ve seen my best results through lower cals, personally.

[quote]timmcbride00 wrote:
Depending on how lean you want to get, you may eventually need to start knocking back less calories. But more activity smartly added to your routine will do wonders. I started my last contest diet at 5k thanks to Berardi’s G-Flux (was bulking at 6k, so 5k was a big drop).[/quote]

What type of training/activities were (are) you doing per week?

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:

[quote]browndisaster wrote:

edit: I meant physiologically and/or psychologically, whatever you can comment on[/quote]

Definitely. Long (severe) cuts as a natty can be brutal. Hormones can/will tank. There is a reason why competitive natties don’t get fat in the off season and people advise fat natties to take diet breaks at some point. [/quote]
ah ok, once I finish this cut I’ll try to stay more lean while gaining. I really don’t want to diet for long if I can avoid it, which I think I can now.

I can’t imagine how painful a contest prep would be.

[quote]BHappy wrote:
Eating more =

• more residue
    [/quote]

And more good things like trace minerals, if you do it right

This is an excuse, imo

I find food enjoyable, so this one is opinion

Do these studies take into consideration that we are talking otherwise very healthy/active bodybuilders, or just the amount eaten as the only factor? If its the former id like to see it, if its the latter its not relevant.

Not really sold on this being a fact, or being a pro or a con either way.

Anyways from my personal experience with cutting, i feel tons better if i increase activity and clean up and moderate my diet, rather than just axing cals.

[quote]mkral55 wrote:

[quote]BHappy wrote:
Eating more =

• more residue
    [/quote]

This is an excuse, imo

Do these studies take into consideration that we are talking otherwise very healthy/active bodybuilders, or just the amount eaten as the only factor? If its the former id like to see it, if its the latter its not relevant.

Anyways from my personal experience with cutting, i feel tons better if i increase activity and clean up and moderate my diet, rather than just axing cals.
[/quote]

When i was 20 yo over 3 decades ago, i met a small active healthy happy 104 yo man. He was into crosscountry sking and canoeing daily plus chopping his wood (in season). He died at 111 sick about the last 8 months of his life. His last month he was the oldest known man alive (3 woman were older). He was nicknamed JackRabbit because the natives of south ontario were impressed by the speed at with he was travelling on his skis. They were using racquets.

Who ever met a 90 + yo happy and healthy BB who eats a lot?

You can try it, eat a small meal daily for a week, you might learn something.
I had a small growth on my left pec area and i stopped eating and it disappeared over 2 decades ago. No medecine, no side effect, free. Many doctors reported such " miracles " at war when they were without supplies and healing was happening, too bad i guess they had a hard time presenting their bill.

The nice thing is recovery is faster without overeating/over proteins intake.

[quote]BHappy wrote:

[quote]mkral55 wrote:

[quote]BHappy wrote:
Eating more =

• more residue
    [/quote]

This is an excuse, imo

[/quote]

When i was 20 yo over 3 decades ago, i met a small active healthy happy 104 yo man. He was into crosscountry sking and canoeing daily plus chopping his wood (in season). He died at 111 sick about the last 8 months of his life. His last month he was the oldest known man alive (3 woman were older). He was nicknamed JackRabbit because the natives of south ontario were impressed by the speed at with he was travelling on his skis. They were using racquets.

I had a small growth on my left pec area and i stopped eating and it disappeared over 2 decades ago. No medecine, no side effect, free. Many doctors reported such " miracles " at war when they were without supplies and healing was happening, too bad i guess they had a hard time presenting their bill.

The nice thing is recovery is faster without overeating/over proteins intake.[/quote]

Is this a bodybuilding forum or a longevity of life forum?

^^dude, this forum (the bodybuilding section) isn’t really about “health” or being old and active.

It is about building an appreciable amount of muscle mass, getting lean and looking asthetic.

Can you do it in a “healthier” ways, sure, but this isn’t the health and fitness section. No one in here has the main goal of chopping wood and canoeing when they’re 100.

I know you have different goals than a lot of posters here but please stop telling people in the BB section to start eating 1 small meal a day. That just isn’t the focus of this sub forum. Maybe the the nutrition or conditioning sections.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]BHappy wrote:

[quote]mkral55 wrote:

[quote]BHappy wrote:
Eating more =

• more residue
    [/quote]

This is an excuse, imo

[/quote]

The nice thing is recovery is faster without overeating/over proteins intake.[/quote]

Is this a bodybuilding forum or a longevity of life forum? [/quote]
You’ve been away…so many gems from this one!

Well all the BB croud should be smiling on their pics.
They are not that dedicated by thier faces.

[quote]BHappy wrote:
They are not that dedicated by thier faces.[/quote]

You are so cute!

[quote]BHappy wrote:
I had a small growth on my left pec area and i stopped eating and it disappeared over 2 decades ago[/quote]

I was wondering where your pecs went

[quote]BHappy wrote:

You make less and less sense every time you post.

I still think you’re trolling.

[quote]BHappy wrote:

And you shouldn’t be passing off anecdotes as “studies proving” anything. That’s bullshit. And secondly, studies don’t “prove” anything. That shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what science is. And thirdly, these studies you speak of are conjectural in nature as well as being completely and utterly IRRELEVANT to the bodybuilding subforum in a thread about cutting.

[quote]BHappy wrote:

.[/quote]

I’ve never seen a 90 year old who dates strippers and who looks like someone they would like to have sex with.

No offense, but I find the idea of “the happy healthy” 90 year old to be a tad funny.

Quality of life seems to be a nonissue.

How would you know how “happy” he is? Most 90 year olds have trouble moving and thinking well…even if considered “healthy”. Their metabolisms are slowed…which is why they don’t eat much.

I have no real advice to give but I thought this video was relevant and cool if you have 30 mins to kill

I think natural bodybuilding is a healthy practice to increase longevity.

Key word is natural.

Anyways, I’d rather be basking in my glory as a young 20 something with women lusting over my body and guys wishing they could be me than worry if every last thing I do will affect whether I’ll live until 87 or 90.

You can die tomorrow no matter how old you are. Get what you want now.