Eating Late Night After W/O

hey guys i was wondering…i work out like at 8 and by the time i come home drink Surge and wait 45 min to eat my next meal which is steak salad and oatmeal its about 10:30 pm already? is it ok since its late night and im trying to burn fat?

Yes.

Or, would you rather not eat after working out, go to bed and give your body all night to scavenge protein from your muscles to repair itself?

[quote]Arms Afire wrote:
Yes.

Or, would you rather not eat after working out, go to bed and give your body all night to scavenge protein from your muscles to repair itself?[/quote]

well said.

isnt it if u eat late it gets stored as fat?

[quote]kobe4life08 wrote:
isnt it if u eat late it gets stored as fat?[/quote]

in many cases,yes. epically when u eat a lot of simple carbs at night. but if u are just getting done with a WO, your body is going to utilize the nutrients in your meals much more efficiently given you are just finishing a moderate-difficult workout. your body will use carbs to replenish glycogen, and protein to repair your muscles. so your fine unless u get to excessive with eating.

Kobe, I don’t mean to be rude, but I think your progress would benefit if you made it a concentrated effort to educate yourself about nutrition. I know that you have great people here who are willing to help you with your questions, but the more you know yourself, the better off you’ll be.

PS - Don’t take this to mean you should stop asking questions.

Shit, I would even eat again after that steak etc… :slight_smile: