T Nation

Eating Healthy & Need for Cardio

If I were to start eating healthy and stop eating junk food altogether such as McDonalds and etc. will the fat I have burn off or turn into muscle without having to do cardio? I go to the gym 5x a week for about 2hrs to 1hr30mins a day.

For example, I have fat around my chest area, so by working out my chest will that fat leave or will I have to end up doing cardio?

Any help much appreciated!

[quote]MangoMan305 wrote:
If I were to start eating healthy and stop eating junk food altogether such as McDonalds and etc. will the fat I have burn off or turn into muscle without having to do cardio? I go to the gym 5x a week for about 2hrs to 1hr30mins a day.

For example, I have fat around my chest area, so by working out my chest will that fat leave or will I have to end up doing cardio?

Any help much appreciated![/quote]

Yes and no

yes eat healthy and less total intake then you are buring asnd you will burn fat. No working your chest wont make you lose cehst fat your just as likely to lose it off your ankles as your chest due to working your chest. Its a total body thin fat loss it doesnt just come from where yiou work out

yes you can make chest look better with same fat by building it

Phill

How do you mean "If I were to start eating healthy and stop eating junk food altogether such as McDonalds . . . " ? ? ?