Eating Healthy is Now a Mental Illness

[quote]Enders Drift wrote:
Does Johnny live in Portland? I bet he does. Fucking Portland.[/quote]

tell my your avatar is a photoshop? holy hell, I had to click on it to see a larger version

I think mental illness are like cancer.

After a while everything starts to become one, or starts to give you one.

OP - can you cite/source that article?

I’d like to share it with others.

This is another one of those threads where if the first few people started tearing into orthorexia as a bunch of hippies eating organic alfalfa and worrying abotu losing their abs, then we’d have a bunch of jokes about gay vegetarians.
But it went the other way. Weird.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
I disagree. There are some people who take it too far:

[/quote]
Thanks for that. I rememebr when we had a thread about this about 6 months ago.

[quote]DeltaOne wrote:
I think mental illness are like cancer.

After a while everything starts to become one, or starts to give you one.[/quote]

That’s crazy.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

I just saw an episode of “Obsessed” and one woman walked on her treadmill for 3-4 hours a day and only ate once a day at 2am.

Yes, some people do take it too far and that’s probably what these “studies” are pertaining to.

[quote]Melvin Smiley wrote:
90% of “mental illnesses” are bullshit, and that’s coming from someone who works in a mental health clinic.[/quote]

Your comment interested me. Can you elaborate a bit on why you, as someone who works in a mental institution, think that most mental disorders are made up? I actually don’t disagree, but you have a unique perspective. I think that most back pain is psychological as well.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]Enders Drift wrote:
Does Johnny live in Portland? I bet he does. Fucking Portland.[/quote]

tell my your avatar is a photoshop? holy hell, I had to click on it to see a larger version[/quote]

Agreed. I really wanna know who she is. I know that it’s an American Apparel ad that nearly caused me to stop my car in the middle of Manhattan to take a picture of a billboard, haha. If anyone knows who she is, I’d appreciate a pm.

Thomas Szasz - Wikipedia , some of you might find interesting. The debate has moved on a bit, thanks in part to Szasz.

I hate righteous eaters. I took a sustainable agriculture class and had to agree that organic foods are both sustainable and better but we also had a nutty veg head in our class. He once shared in his infinite wisdom that it was ok to eat fish because they would become a higher life form, in a discussion about hunting. I spear headed the pro hunting argument and crushed the opposition like a jagged stone falls upon a the head of a wounded wildebeest.

Making food a priority in your life is fine. Becoming a fanatic about it and finding it impossible to think of eating anything but foods that fit inside your rules is crazy. my tenth grade english teacher was a sad little vegetarian and once told us about her friend who would never eat anything that would kill a plant or animal and only ate things that fell naturally from a plant. Naturally he was a skinny little anorexic guy.

my sister is a vegetarian. I think she is crazy. she is over weight too

[quote]B.L.U. Ninja wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

I just saw an episode of “Obsessed” and one woman walked on her treadmill for 3-4 hours a day and only ate once a day at 2am.

Yes, some people do take it too far and that’s probably what these “studies” are pertaining to.[/quote]

This.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

Moderation is the issue here, as it usually is…but evidently, according to the “guru” in the video near the end, I love the taste of fear

[quote]Theface wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
[/quote]

Moderation is the issue here, as it usually is…but evidently, according to the “guru” in the video near the end, I love the taste of fear[/quote]
its delicius and only natural for predators such as ourselves to enjoy the taste of fear.

“Orthorexia is a nutritional god that you must bow down to or your a sinner.”

GOD DAMN! Whats up with this eh? Still I know people who look like this guy but eat shitty diets.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Thats what you get for not eating meat. The human race is fucked. Being alive is a mental illness.

holy shit he has more videos

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

- YouTube [/quote]

looks like Ms. Winehouse has put on a few

[quote]Standard Donkey wrote:

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

- YouTube [/quote]

looks like Ms. Winehouse has put on a few[/quote]

Bahahahahaha