Eating for Track and Field

im goining to be a sprinter this year and i want to get faster and get a better physique. right now i look skinny fat since i am 6ft 1in 165lbs. im a junior in high school right now i have always wanted to look muscular and ripped. i really want to get faster this year. i really want to get a six pack and some more upper body muscule.

i join winter preseason track this winter and start regular season in spring

what should my diet be like to get this body and how many calories should i be eating.

right now i usually eat about 2500 calories.

Im no expert in this field, but maybe a carb/calories cycling approach would work. That way you will have enough carbs to perform, yet on "off " days you could be burning fat when your low on carbs.

Do you have a coach?? Maybe ask him/her??

tweet

First of all, sprinting will make you ripped. No special diet is entirely necessary. Simply doing sprinting (in and of itself) will make your diet less important. The more you do, the better your body will be at getting carbs and proteins into your muscles for recovery. That’s not an excuse to eat like crap. The caveat is that the better your nutrition, the better your recovery will be, and therefore allowing you to do more sprinting, leading to a better physique, and performance.

Stay away from sugar, unless it’s around your training time. This single thing will probably have the biggest impact on your physique. Also, aim to get ~200 grams of protein per day. Meat is best, followed by dairy. Get a ton of veggies and good EVOO (California is best) for the monounsaturated fats, and fish oil, or cans of sardines for the omega 3s. For carbs, the cleaner the better. Rice and starchy veggies should be the bulk.

The biggest thing you can learn about nutrition is that food others swear by may not apply to you. For example, many swear by oats, saying that they are important to sports nutrition. Oats are a fine food for many, but some people, myself included, do better not eating them. I had it stuck in my head that nutrition was a formula for a long time, so I ate oats and just plugged away. Over time, I learned to listen to my body and come to my own conclusions. I’m not saying don’t eat oats. I’m saying that you should learn to come to your own conclusions.

Good luck in prepping for the upcoming season.

[quote]libanbolt wrote:
im goining to be a sprinter this year and i want to get faster and get a better physique. right now i look skinny fat since i am 6ft 1in 165lbs. im a junior in high school right now i have always wanted to look muscular and ripped. i really want to get faster this year. i really want to get a six pack and some more upper body muscule.[/quote]
Dude, what the sweet holiness of fuck?

This is the third thread you’ve made about basically the same topic and you’ve gotten replies in every single one of them.

I gave you a link to an article literally titled “The Athlete Diet” written by one of the most respected nutrition coaches in the business. I have no idea what more you want.

You’re tall and skinny. You need to build muscle or else you won’t look or perform like a sprinter. Asking more questions, or asking the same question over and over, is not going to help you. You need to do.

You made your first thread two and a half weeks ago. As of today, how much weight have you gained?

Regardless of the weight used, how many repetitions on squats have you done in the last two weeks? How many steaks have you eaten? You have to eat big to get big muscles. Sure you’ll gain some weight and fat, but you’ll build big muscles. That’s the only way to break out of skinny fat. Seriously though, can you please answer these questions? The combined total should be well over 50. If it’s well under that, then you are selling yourself short. So what’s the number?

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]libanbolt wrote:
im goining to be a sprinter this year and i want to get faster and get a better physique. right now i look skinny fat since i am 6ft 1in 165lbs. im a junior in high school right now i have always wanted to look muscular and ripped. i really want to get faster this year. i really want to get a six pack and some more upper body muscule.[/quote]

This is the third thread you’ve made about basically the same topic and you’ve gotten replies in every single one of them.

I gave you a link to an article literally titled “The Athlete Diet” written by one of the most respected nutrition coaches in the business. I have no idea what more you want.

You’re tall and skinny. You need to build muscle or else you won’t look or perform like a sprinter. Asking more questions, or asking the same question over and over, is not going to help you. You need to do.

You made your first thread two and a half weeks ago. As of today, how much weight have you gained?[/quote]

x2 This needs a rant about crayons and reading comprehension fail.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]libanbolt wrote:

You made your first thread two and a half weeks ago. As of today, how much weight have you gained?[/quote]

You can lead a horse to water Chris…