Eating for Muscle

I want to add 20 to 30 pounds of muscle, can someone give me an example of what to eat? like an eating log? pure muscle no fat

I read pure muscle no fat is achievable for beginners, but as you progress, it gets harder and harder.

It’s not going to happen.

You won’t gain any appreciable amount of muscle in a short period of time without
A) gaining fat along with it, or
B) the assistance of steroids

Now, 20-30 lbs in say, 2 years, without fat gain, that’s possible for a beginner. But it seems rather obvious to me you’re thinking in the time frame of a few months. So here it is; stop obsessing about your little abs, take what you eat now, and add 1 lb of beef and 6-12 eggs a day to it, focus on strength gains in the gym (to include legs and back), and come back here in 3-6 months with a progress report. Simple as that. Sadly, I don’t think you’ll do it. Surprise me.

u never seen me working out before, btw my goal is to get into the average shape bulked up

listen to hungry. DO what he said.

You will have to add some fat if you want to gain muscle. If you seriously wont accept adding a little fat while building muscle then you will never reach your goals.

OP, you just started a thread about “getting shredded” by only eating protein on off days. Pick one goal and stick to it, that goal should likely be gaining muscle.

[quote]fitness4lyfe wrote:
u never seen me working out before, btw my goal is to get into the average shape bulked up[/quote]

Don’t take offense to this, but this is not the website for you. I usually avoid driving potential business away from Biotest, but if all you want is “average shape bulked up”, go to a forum where people want to be average. Most of the consistent posters on this forum want far beyond average results, and that’s what this website is geared towards.

And don’t try to tell me shit about workout intensity kid, if that’s what the first part of your sentence was insinuating.

first of all im no kid for your “supposly grown ass” to talk to me like that, second you dont know from what i started and from what i am now and the time i’ve been working out. because i give it hard at gym, and i dont give a damn if you can give harder, because i am giving it all i got, and i am just trying to learn more,

and you jsut might be right on the kid part, because everybody is constantly growing, and forsomeone who “knows the right way, or found a technique to do something” its obvious that that guy stopped growing, and a little tip for your unstormed brain, we all learn till we die.

Lol if you say so. Even if not age-wise, your maturity level is that of a kid’s.

I avoid doing this typically…but myself being a Marine that has managed to total elite as a powerlifter in his first meet…pretty sure I know my shit. But go ahead, by all means, get offended and whine, continue in arrogant denial. See where that gets you in life.

hint

Fucking nowhere.

[quote]fitness4lyfe wrote:
first of all im no kid for your “supposly grown ass” to talk to me like that …
and you jsut might be right on the kid part…[/quote]

Nice.

If you don’t like the advice you’re given, then get lost. Go to other forums until they tell you what you want to hear. That or choke down that ego and take the advise of people who are already where you want to be.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
Lol if you say so. Even if not age-wise, your maturity level is that of a kid’s.

I avoid doing this typically…but myself being a Marine that has managed to total elite as a powerlifter in his first meet…pretty sure I know my shit. But go ahead, by all means, get offended and whine, continue in arrogant denial. See where that gets you in life.

hint

Fucking nowhere. [/quote]

Man I had been watching this thread and the “I want hawt abz” or whatever the fuck that other one was and so impressed you were giving honest and useful advice to these kids wanting rippling summer abs to get all the prepubescent pussy they crave. Just let it go, the kid wants to be an idiot - just close the thread.

Where’s Biggzy when you need him?

[quote]Enders Drift wrote:

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
Lol if you say so. Even if not age-wise, your maturity level is that of a kid’s.

I avoid doing this typically…but myself being a Marine that has managed to total elite as a powerlifter in his first meet…pretty sure I know my shit. But go ahead, by all means, get offended and whine, continue in arrogant denial. See where that gets you in life.

hint

Fucking nowhere. [/quote]

Man I had been watching this thread and the “I want hawt abz” or whatever the fuck that other one was and so impressed you were giving honest and useful advice to these kids wanting rippling summer abs to get all the prepubescent pussy they crave. Just let it go, the kid wants to be an idiot - just close the thread.

Where’s Biggzy when you need him?[/quote]

The other people didn’t have attitude as if they run the world, and the world owes them everything. That’s the key difference between people who get stuff done and people who make excuses and whine about life being unfair.

Huh not sure who these “other people” you are referring to. I was talking about the 5’11 135 lb kid posting about wanting a 6 pack.

[quote]Enders Drift wrote:
Huh not sure who these “other people” you are referring to. I was talking about the 5’11 135 lb kid posting about wanting a 6 pack.[/quote]

Yeah that kid is somewhat receptive to advice though, He may or may not have a bad idea of proper squat depth, or maybe his mechanics/technique are off, hence the higher box squat. Who knows. But he doesn’t have a bad attitude so far anyways, and as he said, he wants to go beyond 145 lbs, that’s just a short term goal. Y’know?

The OP reminds me of this guy at my gym. He’s white trash, and he’s been working out for like six months. He’s lean, abs and stuff, and he literally has not put on more than maybe two pounds in the time he’s been working out. But he walks around with his shirt off all, the, time, and he like yells and screams and curses, even when he’s not lifting, although it’s stupid when he is too. Then he walks around obviously flexed, with imaginary lat syndrome and all that stuff.

I bet the OP does that too. Maybe he’s not really in Arizona…are you that guy in my gym OP??