Eating For Endurance

hey,

all the runner sites that i know give terrible tips for eating-- they suggest crackers and simple carbs.

so, for endurance-- what are good calorie sources? its impossible to get enough from just fruits. is quinoa or brown rice the next best options?

thanks
-jake

[quote]dexslave wrote:
hey,

all the runner sites that i know give terrible tips for eating-- they suggest crackers and simple carbs.

so, for endurance-- what are good calorie sources? its impossible to get enough from just fruits. is quinoa or brown rice the next best options?

thanks
-jake[/quote]

lololol all endurance sites give horrible tips? So a bodybuilding site will have much better tips for a runner?

Read this link http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1653407 and pay attention to what is said about carbs. If you haven’t read it already.

D

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
dexslave wrote:
hey,

thanks
-jake

lololol all endurance sites give horrible tips? So a bodybuilding site will have much better tips for a runner?[/quote]

Nobody knows more about running a marathon than a bodybuilder with the possible exception of a powerlifter.

Complex carbs are great to eat, as is protein and fat.

Make complex carbs, complete protein sources (meats, dairy products, supplements etc)and fats a part of your regular diet.

Brown rice is an excellent source as is quinoa. Eat oatmeal, whole grain pastas, whole grain cold cereals etc with every meal if you are running often. (and pushing yourself for improvement)

A few days before an event or big trial run, up your complex carb intake. The night before and morning of the run, definately eat lots of simple carbs. Eat simple carbs as you run too. The little goo packets, gatorade, powerade etc are great sources of necessary simple carbs.