Eating Enough In High School

Hi, I was just wondering, how do you young guys who are still in high school eat every 2 hours? In my school they only give us one time to eat and its like 20 min long. do you just eat even bigger meals to make up for it??

Bring shakes with you and “go to the washroom”.

We’re allowed to eat in class.

Its not necessary or practical to eat every 2 hrs. Eat healthy foods, eat plenty of protein, and try to eat every 2.5-4 hrs. If you have a meal/snack like cottage cheese or protein like Grow!, you’re fine going 4 hrs. w/out eating. Just get in enough calories at the end of the day and take care of PWO nutrition and you’ll be fine.

i’m a senior in high school and i’ve been training for about a year and a couple of months now. the truth is, you might not be able to eat every 2 hours. when i wake up in the morning, i eat breakfast, get ready for school, then i don’t get to eat again until lunch. my lunchroom has fries and other junkfood, but it also has a salad bar. i go to the salad bar everyday and load up on cottage cheese, tuna salad, and will either get 2 cups of milk or a huge glass of water. as soon as i get home, i’ll fix a large PB sandwich before i head to the gym. i have to make up for lost meals @ night after dinner. it may not be the best way to go about eating, but it’s the only way i know how. good luck in whatever you do.

When i was a senior in high school i ate 5-6 times a day. here is what a typical weekday looked like.

6:00AM-Get up eat breakfast, get ready for school. I didn’t have to be at school until 9:15 because of senior early off.

8:00AM- Snack of fruit and CC

11:00AM-Lunch. Usually Chicken, rice, and a peice of fruit.

2:00PM- Protein Bar(If i knew then what i know now i wouldn’t have eaten protein bars.)

4:00pm- Train

6:00 pm- dinner

8:00pm - SNack

10:00pm-Bed

In my high school they let you eat in class so that really helped me.

If your school forbids you from eating during classes, here’s what I did.

Befriend a personal trainer at your local gym and have him write you up a ‘script’ saying that you are underweight for your height and age and that ‘it is necessary for you to eat every 2 hours to avoid entering into a catabolic state; further putting your health at risk.’

It actually worked. Just have him use as much medical jargon as he can come up with.

Otherwise, if your school isn’t a pushover, just load your back up with food the night before and ‘go to the bathroom’ a lot. Also, keep your locker stocked with things you can easily eat between classes.

Hope this helps!

I’m in high school and have been training for about 2 years. At my school it depends on the teacher if you want to eat in class; some let me and some don’t. I definetely try to eat every two hours, and it usually happens give or take 10 minutes. If I’m going to a class where they don’t allow eating, I simply eat while I’m walking there. Usually something like a chicken or tuna sandwich and an apple. You’re right, it is hard to fit in a lot of calories, so I usually compensate with 3 pieces of bread (whole wheat), and added up it’s something around 420-450 calories if you use a lot of meat. I eat breakfast at 6:30, then after first period at 8:45, then lunch at 11, after 5 period at 1:10, and then I go from there with my workout and etc. Hope this helps man.