Eating Enough for Training?

Just wondering if I am eating enough to lose bf slowly but still be able to recover.

Weight Training:

30s rest between everything, down from 60s, shortening the rest periods 5s every week

Just short of failure
Explosive as possible

Mon
9x4 w/ 6RM

Squat 250 lbs
Plyo Pushup BW

One Arm DB Row 110lbs
Good Morning 145lbs

Weighted Dips 15lbs+BW
Weighted Wide Grip Chins 20lbs+BW

Tues
Off

Wed
6x6 w/ 8RM

Romanian Deadlift 225 lbs
Incline DB Press 65lbs

BB Row 145lbs
6 on each leg DB Lunges 70lbs

Push Press 105 lbs
Weighted Close Grip Chins 10lbs+BW

Hang DB Snatch 40 lbs

Thur
4x9 w/ 11RM

Front Squat
Flat DB Press or Close Grip Bench Press or Weighted Close Grip Pushup

T-Bar Row
DB Romanian Deadlift

BW Dips or Military Press
Supinated Grip Pulldown

Fri
Off

Sat
3x12 w/ 14RM

Snatch Deadlift
Flat Bench

Seated Cable Row
Lunges (12 on each leg AKA Puke Set)

Standing Military Press
Supinated Pulldown

Sun
Off

Cardio:

Mon:
Bike to Work: 25 mins varying intensity
Bike to School: 45 mins varying intensity
Bike to Gym: 30 mins varying intensity
Weights
Bike Home: 20 mins varying intensity

Tues:
Bike to Work: same as above
Bike to School: same as above
45 mins LISS at School Gym 3.3 mph 10% incline
Bike Home: 15 mins varying intensity

Wed:
Bike to Brooklyn: 60 mins varying intensity
Bike to School: 1:15 mins varying intensity
Bike to Gym: 30 mins varying intensity
Weights

Thurs:
Bike to Gym: 20 mins varying intensity
Weights
45 mins LISS at Gym
Bike to School: 15 mins varying intensity
20 mins HIIT Cardio at School Gym

Fri:
Bike Home: 25 mins varying intensity
Maybe Bike to Bookstore or other place to chill and read: 20-45 mins varying intensity

Sat:
Bike to Gym: 20 mins varying intensity
Weights
Bike to School: 15 mins varying intensity

Sun:
Bike Home: 25 mins varying intensity
Maybe 20 mins of HIIT if I don’t feel my cns is destroyed

Nutrition:

3000kcals

Weight Training Days:
45% carbs
35% fats
20% protein

Off/Cardio Days:
20% carbs
45% fats
35% protein

Endo-Meso around 12-15% bf looking to get to 8-9% bf. oh and last night i had a crazy dream that i ate about five 3 musketeers candy bars and was totally relieved to wake up and realize that i didn’t totally blow my diet. hahaha maybe i’m not eating enough for the high vol of exercise that i do. could someone please give me some advice on what to do?

I don’t want to cut back on physical activity but sometimes i feel really hungry or like my muscles don’t recover fast enough. my cns is good most of the time and i’m always itching to get to the gym so i know that means that i have mentally recovered, but i think when i start having dreams about food then i should be eating more. Just a thought. thanks for any advice, critical or not, from anyone.

I’m FAR from an expert, however I will suggest using one of the many online BMR/RMR calculators and getting a metabolic range. If you adjust your diet accordingly you should be able to tell if you are meeting goals within a short time period. If you are at 12-15% BF, then any muscle loss or fat loss should be noticeable every few weeks and thus would give you a cue on how to adjust your diet/activity.

Disclaimer - the above advice was provided by a CFB. My recommendation was based from information acquired through research (including articles from this site) and NOT by personal experience.

If you’re biking at any respectable speed (>12 mph, let’s say) then that’s a lot of biking. Most days you’re on a bike for over an hour.

3000 kcal seems pretty low when you factor in lifting + biking - you don’t want to cut back too much more than 500 calories/day.

I don’t know your stats, so you should try to figure out what you’re burning with a calculator, like the guy above me said. Check out:
http://www.nutritiondata.com/tools/calories-burned

holy jesus-
according to nutrition data with these inputs:

21 yr old
179 lbs
5’9"
11% bf i know i said 12-15 but i measured my waist and it’s 32" around the belly button area and 31.5 one inch above that. i plugged those numbers in a bf calc and it said 11%.

active-standing job-i work at vitamin shoppe so i’m rarely sitting down plus living in nyc

I averaged all the biking for the week=90 mins of biking per day.

45 mins intense free weight lifting.

nutrition data says i burn 4717 kcals a day on a weight training day. that’s a retarded amount of food! i could never eat that much food in a day.

sure you can. put olive oil on all your meals, voila, extra 1k calories,

Whenever I feel like I haven’t had enough calories I eat some peanut putter. There’s 100 calories per tablespoon.

50g protein + 4 tbsp olive oil = a good bit of calories.

and try eating more meals

2 words

Whole milk

Every drink you are drinking any given day (minus water while working out, and other supplemental drinks) should be whole milk. It’s been a godsend for me. Liquid calories do not fill you up, allowing you to eat a lot more.

I LOVE to mix my ON Whey Double Chocolate Protein Powder with Whole Milk. Tastes way (yes, I resisted the pun) better than chocolate milk in my opinion. Great-tasting, and it’s a good 700 calories and 75g of protein. Try that too if you want.

now my next question would be this:

if i immediately jump from 3000 (sometimes 2500 if i only eat 5 times) to 4200 which would be a 500 kcal deficit so that i could still lose fat slowly, wouldn’t i gain a lot of fat?

damn i just did another bf calc and it said 12 or 13% so i guess anywhere from 11-13% is my bf