T Nation

Eating Chicken Everyday?

since all my family is vegetarian, which chicken meal should i have since i have to get it from the outside everyday............?
located north india(chandigarh,punjab)
tandoori ckn/ckn tikka/ salad from subway??

I guess it depends on your goals… Tikka masala is usually served in a cream sauce, yes? If you’re trying to gain weight and aren’t too worried about saturated fats, this is a good option. Tandoori chicken is somewhat leaner as it’s simply marinated in yogourt and spices, which might be a better general option. At any rate, I’m sure it’s pretty damn delicious in your region!

no no, not trying to gain, far from it infact… just a roadblock to a good physique i’d say!! so tandoori would work??

So does your family not approve of you eating meat or why do you have to eat out every time you want chicken? Just buy some chicken breasts, learn to marinate/spice them to your liking, cook and destroy. Lean protein greatness, if you have problems cooking like every other day just make a big batch, it’ll hold up for quite a few days in the fridge before spoiling. Your family choosing to ignore the fact that we were made to eat other inferior living beings to get more awesome shouldn’t stop you from building the beast :wink:

i live in india my friend, and i had a struggle to get my family to let me boil my eggs at home!! my whole country’s vegetarian(sort of); plus they dont really have an issue (now) if i eat chicken or meatr outside; just not cook it in the same kitchen used to cook the whole family’s food… i know its difficult for you guys to understand , but that 's just the way it is!!! :frowning:

Any type of chicken or meat is fine as long as it isn’t pork. Even very fatty meats have a decent amount of protein in them. I think that it is worth it for your goals to eat meat even though it is difficult for you to do. Milk is also a good source of animal proteins.

[quote]anime wrote:
Any type of chicken or meat is fine as long as it isn’t pork.[/quote]

This is probably the German in me speaking, but what’s the matter with pork?

[quote]fatboi wrote:
i live in india my friend, and i had a struggle to get my family to let me boil my eggs at home!! my whole country’s vegetarian(sort of); plus they dont really have an issue (now) if i eat chicken or meatr outside; just not cook it in the same kitchen used to cook the whole family’s food… i know its difficult for you guys to understand , but that 's just the way it is!!! :([/quote]

Are supplements plentiful? BCAA’s , whey protein. Milk, cheese, yogurt are those permitted? How about fish?

milk and products are all good; fish is seasonal where i live. maybe a couple of months a year…and i can eat roast chicken everyday