Eating Big

I’m getting close to buying in and trying mag-10. I’m pretty sure i can eleveate my workouts and keep up with the dieting. The only thing i don’t know if i can handle is the idea of eating big. My diet is really clean i stay away from all bad food so i have no idea how to get all those extra calories. I was currious to know if taking some ammounts of weight gainers to supplement the extra calories would be okay. Also if i did that when would i want to take the weight shakes? okay thanks in advance.

Eat more clean foods. You don’t need weight gainers.

No weight gainers are worthless. I know a lot of people who gain weight without even trying. Quit the bitching and eat.

I think that weightgainers can be beneficial, it all just depends on how much time you have. You can step up your whole foods, but I see it as time consuming. I tried a product called cytogainer by Cytosport. It is a little highly priced, but it can be found online for cheap. It has a good combination of carbs to protien. The taste is unbeatable and it mixes instantly. Try it and I think you will be very satisfied.

try peanuts and other nuts, there freakin packed with calories and healthy fats, I wish they had no carbs so they’d only be p+f then I could stick more easily to JBM eating dealies… oh well

Eating 4000-5000 KCal of clean foods can be a daunting task. However, I generally consume a lot of pasta, it’s pretty calorie dense and depending on your sauce can be pretty “clean.”

I resorted to using weight gainers to increase my calories with no negative consequences (i.e. no fat gain). I used Champion Heavyweight Gainer 900 and Prolab N-Large.

You can squeeze in a few hundred extra calories per meal by being creative with your MRP. For example, If you eat oatmeal in the morning, throw in 2 or 3 scoops of protein powder. 3 scoops of Grow! adds 300 calories, and to by honest, it doesn’t make the oatmeal feel much “heavier.” You’ll still have room left over, but you just consumed 450 cals. You can add MRP to your yogurt, oatmeal, cottage cheese…just throw in a scoop and mix it up. You’d surprised how fast the cals add up.

Something else to consider is treating yourself to "desert." Find the best tasting protein bar you can, (Myoplex Deluxe is pretty good, plus it has 350 calories) and eat it after you finish a meal. That way, since a bar is pretty small and not really a lot to eat, you can eat less food for your actual meal, and then have the bar for desert. Hope this helps.

well, heres what i’m doing to up calories. 1. instead of drinking water with all my meals like i usually do i am going to drink skim milk. 2. when i wake up in the middle of night to go to bathroom i am going to down a premade skim milk + chocolate grow + natural peanut butter + flax shake. 3. premake a lot of foods and freeze them. i just made 12 pounds of a modified bodybuilders chili (recipes for success)and separated it into 12 of those zip lock disposable containers. nutritional info per container = 533C, 12.5g fat (3g saturated), 36g carbs, 61g protein. i also made my own famous (well not really) “anabolic pizza”. it is basically a double stuffed pizza with fat free cheese and lean (4%) ground beef as a topping. i figured out the nutritional info and it comes out to ~ 398 calories per slice, 4g fat, (1g saturated), 40g carbs, and 47g protein. if you have 2 slices for one meal that is close to 800 calories. i also put the slices in zip lock bags and froze them as well. 4. just eat bigger quantities of what you eat now. i plan on adding more fruit and an extra scoop of protein to my morning shake, 2 cups of oatmeal and 1.5 cups cottage cheese for one of my meals instead of 1.5 cups oatmeal, 1 cup cottage cheese that i have now. just be creative. there are tons of ways to get quality extra calories.