Eating Before Bed

So what do you guys eat before you go to sleep at night? I have been chowing down a small piece of steak, from what I have read that will take a longer time to digest therefore supplying you with protein and amino acids for a longer period of time.

However that gets expensive eating steak everyday or even sometimes twice a day, and that much red meat cant be good for you. I figure hamburger meat would be just as well and cheaper, more fat but still plenty of protein and its a red meat all the same so it would still take a while.

Or do you guys think that a protein shake before bed would be just as good? I dont like the idea of interupting a good nights sleep to wake up and drink another one though.

First off RED MEAT is GOOD!!! Natures Multi Vitamin. Go for your leaner cuts, and yes hamburger is fine I go for 90% lean or more. I suggest you visit a REAL butcher if you can its a LOT cheaper.

If you can swing the extra cost go for grass fed.

Protein shake HELL YES!!! Thats what I do most of the Time. Metabolic Drive is a great choice due to the High amount of Casein, (slow digested protein) so it give a sustained release for hours.

Other than that Cottage cheese is great as well High in Casein as well lower in Whey.

With any of the above add in some good fats and your golden. Oh and maybe a form of fiber. veggies, a supplement etc. Both of those will slow digestion as well.

Hope That helps,
Phill

Here is another thread about the topic. May help a bit. (so might the search function)

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1044641

I’m eating cashews tonight.

I vary it up. Hamburger sounds good right now.

A blend of proteins like Metabolic Drive is a good option along with some fat.

I’m a fan of taking a shot of 3 tbl spoons of olive oil before bed some times, too.

i like a few scoops of protein powder(preferably Metabolic Drive for the casein), a cup or two of milk preferably low carb if u can and a few table spoons of 100% natural peanut butter, a serve or 2 of cottage cheese aswell if you like it,

chuck it all in a blender and theres a delicious shake, full of slow digesting proteins and healthy fats

Here are the three most common meals I have right before bed. In order of most used.

Shake ~ 58 grams of protein
16 ounces of Hood
1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese
1 tablespoon of natural peanut butter
1 scoop Grow!
Handful of ice

Pudding ~140-150 (~45-50 per serving)grams of protein depending on what combo I use
16 ounces of Hood
1-1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese
2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
1/4 cup of almonds and/or walnuts
3 scoops of Grow!
(mix well in blender and pour in large bowl)
Mix in package of sugar free, fat free pudding mix

Solid food meal ~56 grams of protein
~8 ounces of lean hamburger
1/4 cup of almonds and/or walnuts

Christopher