T Nation

Eating a Loved One to Survive...

I didn’t WANT to stumble on such a question on some werewolf forum (I know… I’m weird) but one guy had a pretty puzzling question to ask.

He asked:

"Think of someone you care for alot or lets say your with the love of your life and with two kids.

You and your Loved one are parachuting when suddenly both of you crash on top of a snow covered mountain. Unfortunately your loved one got hurt and is dying, so you get the radio and call out for help. They reply saying help may take as long as a few weeks.Right before your loved one dies he or she makes a death wish “You must eat me to survive, your the only one our kids have, you must , for our kids”

Could you eat your loved one?
Could you live the rest of your life knowing that you did?
Could you tell your kids “Guys… I Ate your mother”

Could you? why or why not?"

Fuck, I don’t want to think about this…

Well, I’m just never gonna go parachuting. That’s my answer. Nor will I spend any time atop a snow covered mountain with no way of escape. Nu-uh.

There is no way I could go any further with that thought.

This is an easy one. I’m packing my “loved one” on my back, dying or not, and I’m getting her and me off that fucking mountain.

You never know what you would really do until you were actually in such a situation.

Just remember “Rugby Players Eat Their Dead”.

I already eat my loved one?

only with some fava beans and a nice keeaaantee.

[quote]magyar wrote:
This is an easy one. I’m packing my “loved one” on my back, dying or not, and I’m getting her and me off that fucking mountain.[/quote]

Amen!

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
I already eat my loved one?[/quote]

Salty kiwi, Mr. Lector.

[quote]Vinkomorf wrote:
Could you eat your loved one?[/quote]

If said loved one is already dead, AND it’s the only way of surviving to get to see the kids again, I’d say yes.

That’s why I always carry my little bottle of meat seasoning with me.

That’s pretty much the point, no?

“Guys… Wolves ate your mother; I ate the wolves.” A little creativity goes a long way.

How can anyone really know, unless actually put in the situation?

Even those who’ll say they never could don’t know how motivating true hunger can be. After a couple weeks of eating snow and pine cones, that pile of frozen meat must look damn delicious.

People stuck in collapsed buildings have been known to drink their urine and eat spiders to survive a few more days until rescued.

Have you ever read Stephen King’s short story “Survivor Type?” The premise is similar, but without a loved one. Only a doctor, a scalpel and a big bag of coke on a desert island.

[quote]pookie wrote:

“Guys… Wolves ate your mother; I ate the wolves.” A little creativity goes a long way.

[/quote]

Brilliant

I would make human beef jerky out of my loved one. Or, if there was a possibility of a fire, a medium-rare steak. YUM!

C’mon guys, cannibalism isn’t that big of a deal.

Make the question more interesting…

Like what if your loved one was dying after that fall, and there was no hope of medical attention, and she was in horrible agony? Do you have the sack to kill the woman of your dreams and THEN eat her? Or do you let her suffer?

Now that’s fucked up.

[quote]lothario1132 wrote:
Like what if your loved one was dying after that fall, and there was no hope of medical attention, and she was in horrible agony? Do you have the sack to kill the woman of your dreams and THEN eat her? Or do you let her suffer?

Now that’s fucked up.[/quote]

No, eating her while she’s still alive and suffering is fucked up.

But the meat does stays fresher that way.

[quote]pookie wrote:

[/quote]

I was thinking along the lines of stringing her upside-down on a tree and slitting her throat like you would do for a rabbit. Blood drains out of the meat… mmm mmm good!

[quote]lothario1132 wrote:
pookie wrote:

I was thinking along the lines of stringing her upside-down on a tree and slitting her throat like you would do for a rabbit. Blood drains out of the meat… mmm mmm good![/quote]

… and then you could make a drum out of the skin and signal for help.

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
… and then you could make a drum out of the skin and signal for help. [/quote]

Now you see that? That’s just good thinking right there.

“I used to shake my head at how much lotion and moisturizer you always used every night, honey… but right now I’m thanking God for Oil of Olay…”

Michael, Lothario, I don’t know whether to gag or laugh…

[Note to self: Stop reading T-Nation while having breakfast.]

[quote]Vinkomorf wrote:
I didn’t WANT to stumble on such a question on some werewolf forum (I know… I’m weird)[/quote]

Then where did you want to stumble upon this question? On the Britney Spears Forum?

I would imagine these matters are commonly discussed on the werewolf forums, together with “How do you keep your fur soft and silky during the dry Winter months?”.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1124614445164.hag.jpg

[quote]Miserere wrote:
Michael, Lothario, I don’t know whether to gag or laugh…

[Note to self: Stop reading T-Nation while having breakfast.][/quote]

Why not try both?

Michael “Taking fish oil burps to another level” 2507

Just loose your money and this problem will look like a minor one.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.