'Eat More, Lose Flab'

After all these years in the gym, getting up to 223 so slowwwwwwly from 175 and now doing my first cut, I still can’t get my head around the fact I have to eat MORE if I want to lose weight.

At the moment my body tells me not to go past 3 meals a day, 4 tops, I just don’t feel hungry. Got everything in good proportion, even if I reach my 6th meal I still have a deficit of over 500cals for the day, but my body is saying it’s fine with deficits closer to 1k.

Should I just ignore my body and eat anyway? I KNOW the answer…but somehow my brain just won’t accept it.

Anyone else experienced this?

[quote]Jaybee wrote:
After all these years in the gym, getting up to 223 so slowwwwwwly from 175 and now doing my first cut, I still can’t get my head around the fact I have to eat MORE if I want to lose weight.

At the moment my body tells me not to go past 3 meals a day, 4 tops, I just don’t feel hungry. Got everything in good proportion, even if I reach my 6th meal I still have a deficit of over 500cals for the day, but my body is saying it’s fine with deficits closer to 1k.

Should I just ignore my body and eat anyway? I KNOW the answer…but somehow my brain just won’t accept it.

Anyone else experienced this?[/quote]

I have no idea what heck you’re talking about. This is not a matter of going past meals or eating “a lot” or “a little” (two subjective terms); this is about eating the right amount to lose, whether that appears to be a lot or a little.

[quote]MentorSorg wrote:

[quote]Jaybee wrote:

Anyone else experienced this?[/quote]

I have no idea what heck you’re talking about. This is not a matter of going past meals or eating “a lot” or “a little” (two subjective terms); this is about eating the right amount to lose, whether that appears to be a lot or a little. [/quote]

Correct, but my brain kept thinking, “If you’re not hungry, don’t eat”. THAT is what the “heck” I was talking about.

Think about the extra food as muscle mass you’re going to lose if you undereat

[quote]overstand wrote:
Think about the extra food as muscle mass you’re going to lose if you undereat[/quote]

Well that’d be true for most other people, but I just phased over to this diet this week, before that I was on maintenance-only, and had been so for several years.

That’s why shakes, and learning to ‘hide’ extra calories are so important. I can’t tell you the time I just don’t feel like eating, especially after being out at night for a social evening with friends and/or my girl. Just remind yourself that all these small bouts of ‘sucking it up’ will add up in the long run.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
That’s why shakes, and learning to ‘hide’ extra calories are so important. I can’t tell you the time I just don’t feel like eating, especially after being out at night for a social evening with friends and/or my girl. Just remind yourself that all these small bouts of ‘sucking it up’ will add up in the long run.

S[/quote]

As much as this will piss off the hard-gainers, it needs to be said; I’ve never had a problem putting food down. Truth is, I can outeat the best of them. It’s just that when you’ve been FAT for as long as I have, you are wired to cherish those times your stomach doesn’t growl.

Anyway, I just stuffed down some lean, grilled Lamb’s heart, though I didn’t feel like it. I’m learning. :slight_smile:

Jaybee, I know exactly where you’re coming from. I have an aweful appetite and always have. I could get by on one meal every for two days according to my brain. I usually feel sluggish and nauseated when calories are higher. I went from 70-105 in two years and I have to tell you I was eventually drinking every meal. I remember even blending cooked beef mince with milk and eggs with oats and apple juice to get my calories in. A poster mentioned hiding calories above, which i do use. It’s important to get creative with your recipes aswell. Its hard to appeal to a brain that isnt hungry. There are easy to obtain drugs that can stimulate your appetite which I have used with success such as Periactin (Cyproheptadine HCL) and anti-depressant drugs such as Remeron (Mirtazapine) which might I add has a very anti-catabolic cortisol inhibiting effect. The Remeron is one of my favorite drugs now; eat more, sleep better, break down less muscle and feel a whole lot better. Hope this helps.