Eat Meat Grown from Embryonic Cells in a Lab?

[quote]dianab wrote:
yummy, spiked with “growth serum”. It would be interesting to know the chemical and nutrient differences between naturally grown and lab produced product.
I just finished reading Oryx & Crake, this sounds to close to pigoons and chicken noobs for me.[/quote]

What is this chicken noobs you speak of? They sound delicious!

[quote]MassiveGuns wrote:

[quote]dianab wrote:
yummy, spiked with “growth serum”. It would be interesting to know the chemical and nutrient differences between naturally grown and lab produced product.
I just finished reading Oryx & Crake, this sounds to close to pigoons and chicken noobs for me.[/quote]

What is this chicken noobs you speak of? They sound delicious![/quote]

Chicken legged noobs? Why, they are found curling in the squat rack!

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:

[quote]theuofh wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:
I’d eat it. I’d probably want it ground first, but then I’d eat it. And this could help keep prices on real meat down as well.[/quote]

You assume that making meat in a lab is cheaper than raising livestock.[/quote]
No I don’t. [/quote]

Only a matter of time.[/quote]

True. It’s only prohibitively expensive at the moment because it’s lab fresh. It’ll probably make its way to dinner tables through fast food chains and supermarket-bought ready meals way, way before they sell it vacuum packed and ready for the family barbecue.

We’ll be eating it before we know it. They could grind it (which they have done), have it legally labelled as an additive and gradually introduce it that way in preparation for the grand reveal. That last set of numbers on the list of ingredients means we could be eating it already.

There’s already rat and weevil DNA in bread and breakfast cereal anyway (apparently it’s impossible to rid all the grain silos of vermin - it has to remain edible for consumption, so a rogue rodent or two is always going to slip through the net).

Noms!

[quote]johnnytang24 wrote:
If they can grow me a prime grade steak with the texture of Japanese Wagyu and the flavor of Black Angus, at the price of a regular cut of select grade, I’ll buy all of it.
[/quote]

This. Yes, I’d eat it, with some time it might even be better and cheaper than the real thing.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

If they can grow me a prime grade steak with the texture of Japanese Wagyu and the flavor of Black Angus, at the price of a regular cut of select grade, I’ll buy all of it.
[/quote]

This. Yes, I’d eat it, with some time it might even be better and cheaper than the real thing.[/quote]

it very well can be made better than the real thing. imagine being able to get a steak with the perfect omega3/6 ratio etc.

[quote]relentless2120 wrote:

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

[/quote]

This. Yes, I’d eat it, with some time it might even be better and cheaper than the real thing.[/quote]

it very well can be made better than the real thing. imagine being able to get a steak with the perfect omega3/6 ratio etc. [/quote]

Fuck this.

I want it pre-seasoned, with at least 5 different flavors.

Chili-cheese, onion-cheese, cheese-cheese, and um, something else with cheese.

Sorry, dropping an elk/deer at 450 yards (or 5 yards if you’re a bow hunter) and cooking it up yourself sounds better to me.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
Sorry, dropping an elk/deer at 450 yards (or 5 yards if you’re a bow hunter) and cooking it up yourself sounds better to me.[/quote]

X2

[quote]St.George wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
Sorry, dropping an elk/deer at 450 yards (or 5 yards if you’re a bow hunter) and cooking it up yourself sounds better to me.[/quote]

X2[/quote]

x3. But once you quarter it on the spot, its like a damn strongman marathon competition to drag it all back to the vehicle, cabin, or wherever the hell you are going.

thats what 4 wheelers are for…

My only fear is if that will be in some ways mixed with “normal” meat and presented as the real thing without us really knowing about it. There is enough mystery meat as it is.

To feed the increasing population when the ressource and good soil are already rare. Hopefully I will own a couple of chickens/bunny and a garden in the future to be able to provide myself and my close related good food. I Probably should start gathering information about this now. Yep

[quote]Vinnie85 wrote:
thats what 4 wheelers are for… [/quote]

Generally we’ll use a horse or two but it depends where we are.

in the article they said think bakery/brewery. once they have it down you’ll get micro meaterys. one place will taste like aged kobe beef, another like fresh caught swordfish. you’ll be able to get a delicious hotdog, brat, or a 4 meat pizza that’s healthy.
of course if everyone has access to cheap healthy meat there will be consequences.