Eat Like the Pros

Here is a decent video of some of the top body builders talking nutrition. Ignore the shameless product plugs and it may help some people who are having problems gaining weight or who are just starting out.

http://www.dailymotion.com/popular/Tech9/video/xm8ex_eat-like-the-pros_sport

I was sent this video by a friend with whom I have been discussing my own future goals.

This is Jay at the grocery store.
http://www.dailymotion.com/popular/Tech9/video/x15q1q_jay-cutler-at-the-grocery-store_sport

No, never follow any pro’s routine or diet if you are a beginner they are pumpin 3g of test a week you are better off reading T-Nation articles

the 1st video seemed like a fricken commercial

“What’s every bodybuilder’s favorite thing, after sleep of course?”

“Food.”

Ummmm, bodybuilders don’t like pussy? Or nubain?

And who was that black guy on the far right? He had traps like a bull!

[quote]JohnnyDangles wrote:
No, never follow any pro’s routine or diet if you are a beginner they are pumpin 3g of test a week you are better off reading T-Nation articles[/quote]

Sarcasm?

[quote]conorh wrote:
JohnnyDangles wrote:
No, never follow any pro’s routine or diet if you are a beginner they are pumpin 3g of test a week you are better off reading T-Nation articles

Sarcasm?[/quote]

Sadly, I doubt it.

Looks like Johnnie Jackson to Branch Warren’s left.

The only thing I know about bodybuilding nutrition is that they eat a ton of oatmeal. Personally, I hate that shit. I’d rather eat a bowl of shredded newspaper.

I don’t even see what’s so great about it. It’s just another grass, you’d probably be as well off eating any other whole grain with a similar particle size.

because its cheap, you can eat a lot of it, tastes good, fills you up, and is good for you.

[quote]conorh wrote:
The only thing I know about bodybuilding nutrition is that they eat a ton of oatmeal. Personally, I hate that shit. I’d rather eat a bowl of shredded newspaper.

I don’t even see what’s so great about it. It’s just another grass, you’d probably be as well off eating any other whole grain with a similar particle size.[/quote]

I agree and disagree

Plain oatmeal isn’t that great BUT if you become creative it can be delicious

Oatmeal + crushed nuts + honey

or

Oatmeal + melted natty PB + cinnamon

MmMmMm!

I all ways hear the line that if you want to look like a pro (bodybuilder) you need to eat and or train like one…

WRONG.

They did not start out that way and you must make yourself a student of what a beginner does wrong and what to do right… but as a beginner…

When you get your pro card then do as they do in Olympia town…

Steel cut oatmeal is good shit. I put oatmeal in my smoothies. You hardly notice the shit in there.

[quote]inthego wrote:
I all ways hear the line that if you want to look like a pro (bodybuilder) you need to eat and or train like one…

WRONG.

They did not start out that way and you must make yourself a student of what a beginner does wrong and what to do right… but as a beginner…

When you get your pro card then do as they do in Olympia town…[/quote]

This is very true. I see a lot of people who weigh 175 pounds taking in really huge amounts of calories and protein. I always wonder what they plan to be eating when they weigh 225 pounds.

In some ways, I think many people over-emphasize diet on this site, almost as if having your training dialed in is a given. I’d like to watch what someone is doing with their gym time if they think they need 6,000+ calories for their 175 pound frame.

…that’s a whole 'nother thread, however.

[quote]Dirty_Bulk wrote:
This is very true. I see a lot of people who weigh 175 pounds taking in really huge amounts of calories and protein. I always wonder what they plan to be eating when they weigh 225 pounds.[/quote]

? I’m sure they plan on eating even more when they get to 225 pounds.

You eat however much it takes to continue to put on weight. Some people simply need a shitload of calories.

I’m gonna disagree on diet being over-emphasized. It’s emphasized because it is that important. More important than training IMO and I’m going to college for exercise science.

Quick Story: When I made the transition to college, my training did not change, I lifted 4 times a week, upper/lower split. In essence, my training was the same.

However, I was now introduced to limitless amounts of free food(My mom had already paid the $1200 for food for the year) and I ballooned from 205 to 225 in about two months. I probably gained a couple pounds of muscle, but the moral of the story is, I got fat from eating crappy. Diet is important.

Me after changing my diet and not my training. And the birth of my son, he is 3 days old in the pic. Notice how many chins I have.

I really think it’s hard to take in an overabundance of food.

A teammate of mine came onto campus this summer standing 6’8" 185. A stick. Literally weighed nothing.

He started taking in around 8-10k calories per day. I shit you not, I lived with him. For breakfast he would cook up a whole packet of spaghetti , with 3-4 chicken breasts (about 2-3k calories). He’d pound about 600 calories worth of cytogainer twice a day, and kill 2 chipotle burritos for dinner (around 2-3k calories). Lunch was usually 2 footlong subs from subway (about 1-1.5k calories). Before bed he’d slam an entire container of cottage cheese (400 calories I think).

He currently weighs 245, 9 months later. When they did the bodyfat test I want to say that he added around 40-45 pounds of straight muscle. Ate like a horse, and started to finally look like one.

[quote]conorh wrote:
“What’s every bodybuilder’s favorite thing, after sleep of course?”

“Food.”

Ummmm, bodybuilders don’t like pussy? Or nubain?[/quote]

rofl!!

[quote]inthego wrote:

WRONG.

When you get your pro card then do as they do in Olympia town…[/quote]

Absolutely it is a long slow climb to that level of training and nutrition, and only achieveable by few.

Joe