Eat Like a Gorilla

I can’t see much definition. They need to eat leaner greens and do more cardio.

I don’t know if Gorillas are all that strong. I mean how much could a Gorilla full snatch with correct form?

[quote]alexkx3 wrote:
I don’t know if Gorillas are all that strong. I mean how much could a Gorilla full snatch with correct form?[/quote]

Not to mention that since it hasn’t been on youtube, it didn’t happen.

I think what Otis Rush said, taken in conjunction with what I’ve read about the subject, as well as what we all have learned from T-Nation may all help explain some of the difference in strength. Animals eat so much food (some animals eat their body weight in food every day) as illustrated by Rush’s comment. I think the main differences in strength may be explained in part by a geneticaly superior nervous system and superior nutrient partitioning. We have seen the difference that ramping and Indigo have had on humans. Multiply this 10 fold and one may start to see how this may explain it in animals. Just my opinion.

Nah man, photosynthesis and root absorption is where it’s at. There’s this tree in my backyard, and it’s hard as fuck.

^^^ CLASSIC

The human body only has the ability to manufacture 10 amino acids.

Animals do not have that limit.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Animals do not have that limit. [/quote]
This^

In relation to the question of protein - vegetables still contain amino acids(protein); provided a gorilla does not have the same essential/non-essential amino acids we do, they could easily consume enough protein at such a high intake of vegetables(40lbs according to Otis Rush’s quote from Seaworld).

Of course there are many other factors, but on basis of food intake alone, it’s not so unfathomable as the original question seemed to imply.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Animals do not have that limit. [/quote]

ID- this is somewhat joking in wording, but serious question in the 2nd part.
are humans not animals? All animals besides humans?

You have got to be kidding me…

I read the first 3 posts and thought “Ok I’m going to ask the same question about blue whales, that’ll be funny.” Someone posted it.

Then I thought “Ok, now what other animal is huge? Ahhh elephants. I’ll ask about elephants.”… damn it!

Then I thought I’d blame it on gorillas being black… no effing way!

All the good ones are already used lol

[quote]gregron wrote:

I read the first 3 posts and thought “Ok I’m going to ask the same question about blue whales, that’ll be funny.” Someone posted it.

Then I thought “Ok, now what other animal is huge? Ahhh elephants. I’ll ask about elephants.”… damn it!

All the good ones are already used lol[/quote]

I’m giggling like a school girl here

[quote]gregron wrote:

All the good ones are already used lol[/quote]

^^Hippos are kinda fat though… more of a PL/Perma Bulker physique. Not my style.

This thread reminded me of an article I read a while back:

entertaining thread for sure

I wonder what would happen if a gorilla consumed nothing but McDonalds and coca cola its entire life. Would it become an American?

[quote]BigRedMachine87 wrote:
The gorilla is six times as strong as a human.

But it eats bamboo and herbs.

Why can’t we get really strong without eating meat? But the gorilla can[/quote]

It’s all about the gut and liver. They can convert many nutrients to fat and protein in their guts because they have larger more capable organs.

Cows do the same thing - convert nearly all vegetable matter into protein and fat. Science is fucking awesome, huh?

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

[quote]BigRedMachine87 wrote:
The gorilla is six times as strong as a human.

But it eats bamboo and herbs.

Why can’t we get really strong without eating meat? But the gorilla can[/quote]

It’s all about the gut and liver. They can convert many nutrients to fat and protein in their guts because they have larger more capable organs.

Cows do the same thing - convert nearly all vegetable matter into protein and fat. Science is fucking awesome, huh?[/quote]

listen to this guy, the avatar is a self portrait

I’m actually going to do a post on eating like a gorilla in my blog this week.

It’s not going to be An article telling you to eat like a gorilla but I’m going to break down the health differences of gorillas in the zoo and gorillas in he wild and how their health differs because of their different diets.

[quote]Michael Crehan wrote:
Humans can’t digest plant matter as well as most true vegan animals, meaning that a lot of most plant matter we eat leaves our asshole just like it was when it came in. Cows have several chambers in their stomachs, at least one of which is for fermenting. This allows for a more complete breakdown of the plant matter. Not exactly sure about gorillas. I believe cows and gorillas have more “plant specific” digestive enzymes as well. They also have longer digestive systems.[/quote]

Exactly. Very true. This is why original man ate mostly meat. The saponins in plants are Actually toxic to us. And without cooked meat our brains would have never developed to where we are at today. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.