Eat Like a Gorilla

The gorilla is six times as strong as a human.

But it eats bamboo and herbs.

Why can’t we get really strong without eating meat? But the gorilla can

[quote]BigRedMachine87 wrote:

Why can’t we get really strong without eating meat? But the gorilla can[/quote]

Are you a gorilla? If not, there is your answer.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

Are you a gorilla? If not, there is your answer.[/quote]

I didn’t say I was asshole. I’m not trying to justify not eating meat to get strong. I’m aware that if a person wants to get strong, he better be eating some chicken and steak.

I just want to understand how it works.

Humans can’t digest plant matter as well as most true vegan animals, meaning that a lot of most plant matter we eat leaves our asshole just like it was when it came in. Cows have several chambers in their stomachs, at least one of which is for fermenting. This allows for a more complete breakdown of the plant matter. Not exactly sure about gorillas. I believe cows and gorillas have more “plant specific” digestive enzymes as well. They also have longer digestive systems.

I didn’t say I was asshole. I’m not trying to justify not eating meat to get strong. I’m aware that if a person wants to get strong, he better be eating some chicken and steak.

I just want to understand how it works. [/quote]

How it works? I konw what you mean, but you have to admit your question is retarded. We are not gorillas, thus the same princples on why they can eat what they eat and be super strong and we cannot is not relevat.

Though, i guess the guy above answered your question, partly.

How it works? I konw what you mean, but you have to admit your question is retarded. We are not gorillas, thus the same princples on why they can eat what they eat and be super strong and cannot.[/quote]

No, my question wasn’t retarded.

I wasn’t asking it in a way that I wanted to try to get strong like that. Or that I believed people could.

It was just a question that I found interesting. And I bet most people don’t know the answer other than something vague and stupid like CAUSE WE AREN’T THE SAME DUH.

How it works? I konw what you mean, but you have to admit your question is retarded. We are not gorillas, thus the same princples on why they can eat what they eat and be super strong and cannot.[/quote]

No, my question wasn’t retarded.

I wasn’t asking it in a way that I wanted to try to get strong like that. Or that I believed people could.

It was just a question that I found interesting. And I bet most people don’t know the answer other than something vague and stupid like CAUSE WE AREN’T THE SAME DUH.[/quote]

Gorrilas eat plants and are super strong
Humans eat a mix and are relatively weak

why is this?

B/C humans are not gorillas who by there very design are super strong… there is your answer.

but you have to admit your question is retarded.[/quote]

Now, now…there are NO retarded questions…just _________ _________.

Blue whales are huge and eat nothing but krill.

Will krill make me huge?

IT’S NOT A RETARDED QUESTION

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

Will krill make me huge?

IT’S NOT A RETARDED QUESTION[/quote]

Nah man, photosynthesis and root absorption is where it’s at. There’s this tree in my backyard, and it’s hard as fuck.

OP, Im not trying to mock, honestly, just having some fun. It’s like JF is saying though - Gorillas are strong because they’re Gorillas and Gorillas are strong. Genetics always win over diet and training in the end. Thank evolution.

[quote]Vagina Whisperer wrote:

but you have to admit your question is retarded.[/quote]

Now, now…there are NO retarded questions…just _________ _________.[/quote]

tell me who that is in your avatar or I will destroy you

Elephants don’t eat beef and they’re huge too.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Elephants don’t eat beef and they’re huge too. [/quote]

and they have huge trunks :wink:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

Will krill make me huge?

IT’S NOT A RETARDED QUESTION[/quote]
lots of protein and omega 3s

Gorillas have huge ass bones and joints, so more force can be applied though them. Not sure of that’s true but it kinda makes sense.

No, my question wasn’t retarded.[/quote]
Yeah, it kinda was.

Look, I’ve always been a vocal supporter of vegetarian bodybuilding because, like it or not, it can and has been done successfully many times, but phrasing the scenario like you did is simply silly and you have to recognize that.

Birds eat worms and they can fly. Fish also eat worms, so why can’t they fly too? Come on, man.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

Yeah, it kinda was.

Look, I’ve always been a vocal supporter of vegetarian bodybuilding because, like it or not, it can and has been done successfully many times, but phrasing the scenario like you did is simply silly and you have to recognize that.

Birds eat worms and they can fly. Fish also eat worms, so why can’t they fly too? Come on, man. [/quote]

Damn, I have a fear of worms, I shall never fly, thanks for the tip Chris.

I don’t know why there is so much mocking going on, I think it’s a completely valid question and the OP didn’t word it badly or anything, his meaning is quite clear. I’m interested in the answer too. Of course we’re not gorillas, but we are both mammals and can’t be completely dissimilar in how we build muscle.

Of course their genetics programme them to add more muscle than us, and their different hormone levels etc will affect it too, but they will still require the protein and calories to build that muscle.

And all of the points about big bones and tendon insertions etc is all well and good but doesn’t answer the question of how they become so big and strong on the diet they have.

Michael Crehan - thanks, that’s very interesting. So they can extract more nutrients from plant matter than we can? That’s fascinating.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

Yeah, it kinda was.

Birds eat worms and they can fly. Fish also eat worms, so why can’t they fly too? Come on, man. [/quote]

The OP wasn’t advocating that we follow the gorilla diet, he was simply asking why gorillas can become so strong on it when it seems to fly in the face of all we are taught about gaining size and strength. I don’t see how that’s retarded.

I give up, lol. I get it, sometimes people think the answer to life’s questions have to be complicated, sometimes the easiest explanation is all that is needed.

critical thinking is a thing of the past