Eat, Eat, Eat?

everyone with 20inch arms has a secret shake they drink or cetain meal that creates those huge guns. The also never do direct arm training. I thought this was common knowledge

Didn’t say direct arm work was gay, didn’t say there is a magic formula. Looking for an idea as to what sort of calories are needed to pick up a lagging body part…would prefer not to put on flab unneccessarily.

Your whole body is a “lagging body part”.

I wouldn’t change a thing.

In your side shot your rib cage and belly are sticking out further then your pecs, that’s what you want.

As far as your arms, you could add mass but why throw off the balance you have with your deltoids and upper back.

If I had to “nit-pick” I would say you could do a few crunches and tighten up the core but that is it.

i dont get it, he just looks like a guy who has never been in the gym

Usually just lurk training and nutrition threads but had to pop out for this one.

I actually lol’d outloud. Like in the real world.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Your whole body is a “lagging body part”.[/quote]

^^DING DING DING!!!

OP, you look like you’ve never seriously lifted weights in your whole life.

Heheheh…I’ll write a strongly-worded letter to Mr. Wendler.

Seriously, I only started strength training 6 months ago, not focused on hypertrophy, with no isolation work. I went from barely deadlifting 225lbs to repping 285, but I don’t think I’m supposed to be all jacked up yet. I also went from maybe 4 chin-ups to 14, but I realize the arm growth isn’t happening, so I’m changing it up to find what works.

Ultimately, I have to figure out what foods and quantities work for me, but I respect the opinions of those who’ve trained (themselves and others), and would be thankful for some real talk.

Well I think youre beautiful.

I got that same shower curtain bro, you’re destined for great things

[quote]LittleArms wrote:
My chest measurement exceeds the grecian ideal, my neck, forearms, thighs, and calves are right on.
[/quote]

I had no idea that the grecians were so out of shape.

[quote]hockeydawg wrote:

[quote]LittleArms wrote:
My chest measurement exceeds the grecian ideal, my neck, forearms, thighs, and calves are right on.
[/quote]

I had no idea that the grecians were so out of shape. [/quote]

Fuckers have been slacking since Hercules.

[quote]LittleArms wrote:
Heheheh…I’ll write a strongly-worded letter to Mr. Wendler.

Seriously, I only started strength training 6 months ago, not focused on hypertrophy, with no isolation work. I went from barely deadlifting 225lbs to repping 285, but I don’t think I’m supposed to be all jacked up yet. I also went from maybe 4 chin-ups to 14, but I realize the arm growth isn’t happening, so I’m changing it up to find what works.

Ultimately, I have to figure out what foods and quantities work for me, but I respect the opinions of those who’ve trained (themselves and others), and would be thankful for some real talk. [/quote]

No offense, but after 6 months, I would expect more. The first year is when you should be making so much progress people are asking if you are on something.

All of you wasting this time by following people who tell you to not train body parts have to be kinda a slow at this point.

I mean, we’ve been telling you for how long?

10 fucking years?

LOL

Brief search produced this,

Grecian Ideal Measurement Calculator:
http://www.fitness.com/tools/greek_proportions/

My results at a 7" wrist:

Your ideal body measurements are
Chest Size: 45.5
Forearm Size: 13.2
Waist Size: 31.9
Thigh Size: 24.1
Hip Size: 38.7
Calf Size: 15.5
Biceps Size: 16.4
Neck Size: 16.8

The only one I qualify for is the neck measurement

----EDIT----
At second glance my calfs are 15.5. F*CK!

My ex gf was 5’1, 103 lbs with 11" arms…This is either bullshit or this guy has the funniest looking FDB on T-Nation.

[quote]JLone wrote:
My results at a 7" wrist:

The only one I qualify for is the neck measurement[/quote]

It got my chest and neck about right I think, but I am over the limit everywhere else.

My legs are apparently too big for Greek pants.

Well i am not happy normally happy with my progress but wehn compared to yours i am now happy so thank you. in my first 6months of lifting i went from dead lifting 175 to 355. Squating 135 to 240 (these still suck because of form and lower back).

I still think my progress is slow but thank you for showing me what really slow progress is.

OP…picked a bad forum to post this kinda shit on. There is so much, SO DAMN MUCH information on this crap in the articles tab. no one will take you seriously until you’ve READ MATERIAL and implemented what you’ve learned. Will have to agree, you dont look like you’ve spent 6 mos. in the gym, unless you were of christian bale “The Machinist” physique before hand… READ, EAT, TRAIN, SLEEP.

Not sure what you guys are so bent out of shape over.

Anyhoo, I’ll get where I’m headed, and post up what works for me. Gonna try a chocolate milk/protein shake after my arm workouts for now, and see what budges more, arms, or love handles.

cheers, knuckleheads