Easy Way to Cook Eggs...

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
Egg salad with avocados mashed in instead of mayonnaise is very good also.
That sounds good, but do you use egg whites only with this or boiled eggs with the yolk? (add celery, onion, bell pepper?)…
[/quote]

I use 3 egg whites to every 1 yolk and then mash in the avocado, some red onion, salt and pepper. I’ve never done the bell pepper in it, that sounds good.

1/4 onion diced
1/4 bell pepper diced
4 oz cooked ground / sliced turkey
1/4 cup canned black beans

Throw everthing in nonstick pan with with some garlic, cumin, and chili powder. Cook until brown and dump on paper plate. Wipe out pan and spray with pam. Cook 8 egg whites into omlete fill with above top with Salt, Pepper, cheese, avacado and hot sauce.

I’ve found the best way to hard boil eggs is to place them all in a pan of cold water so that they’re covered, then put on the stove. Heat them up, and take note when the water starts to boil. If you want cooked yolks, let the water continue to boil for 5 minutes. If you want slightly runny yolks, wait a little less. Quite simple!

Go here for more egg recipes =)

[quote]E-man wrote:
Chickenmcnug wrote:
In california we have non-stick pans…

Non-stick my ass. Maybe for the first hundred uses or so then after that it’s all downhill. Same goes with the George Foreman grill. [/quote]

Buy a high quality nonstick pan (allclad) and use plastic or wood (never metal) on it and it will last for years.

October,

Thanks for the avocado recipe. That sounds quite good! Might as well be getting the fat from something like avocado rather than mayo. Thanks.

Another great way to eat eggs for all you guys watching your fat intake. Mix all your eggs, milk,and whatever ingredients you like for omlettes, pour in a zip lock bag, boil until the bag looks like an omlette, remove and enjoy. No butter, no spray, no cleanup, no hassle. Taste awesome light and fluffy.

Just when you you think you know…
You don’t know JACK SQUAT…

I like to mix up about 5 eggs with a quarter cup of milk, then pour a thin layer in to a 12 inch sauce pan. As it cooks I fold it in to itself so that it forms a small round pile, then I add sauted veggies and sausage, then another pour of the egg batter and fold, and another round of extras, repeat for several layers.

It makes an egg soufle thingy that has rings of egg and suasuage and veggies.
It’s pretty neat, kind of like Saturn, but food.

But thats only good if you like playing with your food.
Otherwise, just eat the buggers.

You can tell how done your boiled eggs are by taking them out of the water, putting them on a worktop and spinning them.

The more wobble in the spin, the more soft the egg. When they spin perfectly with no wobble they are hard boiled.

I’m not gonna lie. The idea of microwaved eggs pretty much makes me wanna vomit. I do eat alot od eggs though usually 4 or 5 whole ones a morning no matter what my goals are.

you lazy bitches!

get a cast iron pan. Once you season the pan (put oil on it and bake it for a while) it becomes possibly one of the greatest cooking surfaces known to man.

Use a little oil or butter and nothing will stick to it. Cleanup is a breeze too, whipe off with a damp paper towel and you’re done.

Cast iron is the bomb in phantoms yo.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
First, I have to give props to E-man. He reccomended to crack the eggs slightly before hard boiling them to make the shell come off easier. It works.
[/quote]

Whoever E-man is if he starts selling posters of himself put me down for the first one. I doubt if many people have boiled more eggs in the entire solar system than I have. I love boiled eggs on top of the obvious nutritional benefits. The one thing that drives me close to a murderous rampage is when you get a bunch that wont peel.

This trick never occurred to me… ever, but works like a dream and has instantly become one of the highlights of 2006 in my life. Positively splendid Dude!!! Best thread yet. (OK, I’m a bit over enthusiastic)

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
First, I have to give props to E-man. He reccomended to crack the eggs slightly before hard boiling them to make the shell come off easier. It works.

Whoever E-man is if he starts selling posters of himself put me down for the first one. I doubt if many people have boiled more eggs in the entire solar system than I have. I love boiled eggs on top of the obvious nutritional benefits. The one thing that drives me close to a murderous rampage is when you get a bunch that wont peel.

This trick never occurred to me… ever, but works like a dream and has instantly become one of the highlights of 2006 in my life. Positively splendid Dude!!! Best thread yet. (OK, I’m a bit over enthusiastic)[/quote]

Love the holiday cheer!

So give us a good recipe for eggs!

Have you tried cooking them in hot tomato sauce? very good.

Poaching is easy too - and you can make 'em runny or firm.

pan of boiling water, add a couple of tablespoons of white vinegar (trust me), and then just crack the eggs right into the water. About a minute for runny, 1.5-2 for firm. The vinegar keeps the whites together. You’ll see if you try it without.

No oil no microwave.

[quote]Jack Squat wrote:
Another great way to eat eggs for all you guys watching your fat intake. Mix all your eggs, milk,and whatever ingredients you like for omlettes, pour in a zip lock bag, boil until the bag looks like an omlette, remove and enjoy. No butter, no spray, no cleanup, no hassle. Taste awesome light and fluffy.

Just when you you think you know…
You don’t know JACK SQUAT…[/quote]

xenoestrogens, blah, blah, blah…

I’m a big advocate of poaching eggs, then serving on toast. Season the water with salt and pepper, and put in about a teaspoon of vinegar for every pint of water that you boil. When it gets to about the boiling point, turn down the heat so it is just below simmering (no bubbles rising, that makes the whites rip apart before they can form). Cook for about 2-3 minutes for a running yolk. It’s nice for frigid winter mornings, kind of comfort food.

If you run the eggs under cold water as soon as you take them off the stove, you accomplish the same thing(peelable eggs).

Also, some people claim that microwaving protein sources(meat, eggs, fish) damages the proteins, or something. So your not supposed to do it, or something.