Easy Way to Cook Eggs...

First, I have to give props to E-man. He reccomended to crack the eggs slightly before hard boiling them to make the shell come off easier. It works.

The other tip is one I just figured out. Eggs can be microwaved and they taste the same as if they were fried. You just plop them into a porcelain bowl and nuke’em for like 2 or 3 minutes on low. It’s so easy.

Ok they don’t taste quite as good as fried but the ease of preperation more than makes up for that.

Something tells me I’m going to crack the whole egg open, and watch the yolk spill on the floor.

That’s just my luck.

Thanks for the tip. Me love my hard-boiled eggs.

-Kevin

[quote]Serious Guy wrote:
Something tells me I’m going to crack the whole egg open, and watch the yolk spill on the floor.

That’s just my luck.

Thanks for the tip. Me love my hard-boiled eggs.

-Kevin[/quote]

Funny, that’s how I discovered the microwaving technique. I cracked an egg too much and had to drop it in a bowl before it hit the floor. Then I microwaved it cause I am not in the mood to wash a frying pan. It tasted good with hot sauce, so I made four more. Mmmm.

You can also just poke them with a pin.

The best way I’ve found to fry an egg is to fry it for about a minute.

Then, whilst the yolk is still uncooked, put some water in the frying pan and put a lid on it.

Steam the egg in this way for another minute or so and it comes out PERFECT.

The steaming even helps to lift the egg off the pan making it much easier to clean and lessens the chances of it breaking as you try to scrape it off.

[quote]jarvis wrote:

Then, whilst the yolk is still uncooked, put some water in the frying pan and put a lid on it.

The steaming even helps to lift the egg off the pan making it much easier to clean and lessens the chances of it breaking as you try to scrape it off.

[/quote]

That’s the way my mom taught me.

[quote]jarvis wrote:

[/quote]

I’ll have to try this. I don’t like cleaning frying pans.

[quote]GathCity wrote:
You can also just poke them with a pin.[/quote]

Yeah, but that doesnt impress anyone. If you drop an egg from countertop height, if it lands at a certain angle, it wont break. Keep trying it until you get it to work.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
First, I have to give props to E-man. He reccomended to crack the eggs slightly before hard boiling them to make the shell come off easier. It works.

The other tip is one I just figured out. Eggs can be microwaved and they taste the same as if they were fried. You just plop them into a porcelain bowl and nuke’em for like 2 or 3 minutes on low. It’s so easy.[/quote]

I like to do this and add ingredients before nuking, like ham, cheese, etc. Almost gives the eggs an omlette feel. Good stuff plus extra calories if you’re gaining.

Just eat them raw! It’s a lot easier than cooking. If you can’t stomach them raw, mix with milk and some whey protien powder and you can’t even taste the egg.

I know what you’re going to say: salmonella, bioavailability…, but I’ve been doing that for 40 years and never had any food poisoning.

[quote]snewland22 wrote:
beebuddy wrote:

The other tip is one I just figured out. Eggs can be microwaved and they taste the same as if they were fried. You just plop them into a porcelain bowl and nuke’em for like 2 or 3 minutes on low. It’s so easy.

I like to do this and add ingredients before nuking, like ham, cheese, etc. Almost gives the eggs an omlette feel. Good stuff plus extra calories if you’re gaining.[/quote]

If you whip them for a few seconds then nuke em they come out extremely fluffy. It helps if you PAM the bowl too. They slide right out.

Just eat them raw. Gently wash the shell before you open though, that’s the only way you can get salmonella.

[quote]jarvis wrote:
Steam the egg in this way for another minute or so and it comes out PERFECT.[/quote]

This works very well for sunny side up.

The other trick I’ve learned is to let the pan heat up before cracking the eggs onto it. If you do this, your sunny side up eggs will be thicker because the egg won’t spread out onto the pan as much when it is hot.

Good stuff.

[quote]dswithers wrote:
Just eat them raw! It’s a lot easier than cooking. If you can’t stomach them raw, mix with milk and some whey protien powder and you can’t even taste the egg.

I know what you’re going to say: salmonella, bioavailability…, but I’ve been doing that for 40 years and never had any food poisoning.[/quote]

I also eat them raw, about a dozen a day.

In california we have non-stick pans…

[quote]Chickenmcnug wrote:
In california we have non-stick pans…[/quote]

Them pans be soundin pretty expensive. Dam.

My favorite scrambled eggs are to heat a pan with some olive oil, then squeeze in some lemon juice. Make sure the pan is hot then pour in the eggs and a little salt and pepper. The lemon makes the eggs very fluffy and tastes great.

Egg salad with avocados mashed in instead of mayonnaise is very good also.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
Egg salad with avocados mashed in instead of mayonnaise is very good also.[/quote]
That sounds good, but do you use egg whites only with this or boiled eggs with the yolk? (add celery, onion, bell pepper?)…

[quote]Chickenmcnug wrote:
In california we have non-stick pans…[/quote]

Non-stick my ass. Maybe for the first hundred uses or so then after that it’s all downhill. Same goes with the George Foreman grill.