T Nation

Easy Meal Prep Ideas

What are some of your easiest ways to meal prep?

I realized I’m a lazy cook and finding ways to make my meal times and prep time faster. What do you guys do to save time/make your life easier?

Lately I’ve been making

Breakfast: Boiled Eggs, Slices of Cheese, Fruit
Lunch: Crock Pot Chicken (thighs, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli), White Rice
Dinner: Crock Pot Chicken (thighs, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli), White Rice
Before Bed: Peanut Butter, Celery

It literally can’t get any easier than what I’m making right now lol.

I see you and I’ll raise you canned tuna with a handful of frozen veggies thrown in the microwave for 2-4 of my meals a day haha keep the tuna in the cupboard here at work, veggies in the freezer.

Do you make sandwiches at all lol?

Trying one of those new fangled “hate your life by eating less carbs” things…so not so much anymore, heck I’ve even got the pop top tuna cans! Don’t even have to use a can opener!

Edit: In all seriousness, I mix 2 tablespoons of peanut butter with a cup of greek yogurt and half a cup of oats for breakfast when I have to get up early, throw it in the fridge over night and it’s not half bad.

Cook in bulk a couple of times a month and freeze it. It saves most of the day to day hassle and provides you with readily available good food (provided you always remember to get something out of the freezer to defrost the day before).

I buy 5kgs of chicken breasts from the butcher which works out to be about 20 of them. Poach that all in vegetable or chicken stock and freeze it in bags of 2.

Then you can do whatever you want with it after that. @Despade a super quick ultra low carb option is to put 1 or 2 in a microwavable dish with a lid with some fresh kale and a splash of water then in the microwave on high for 2 minutes to steam the kale and defrosted breast. Drain it and cover it with a tablespoon of almond butter and loads of black pepper and a bit of salt.

Also I get some really cheap cuts of beef 2.5 Kgs of shin for example or tail and make a beef and potato stew with that, (you could leave the potato out to make it low carb) then I divide it into about 10 portions and bag it up and freeze it. After it’s defrosted I put in in the microwave with some frozen broccoli and cauliflower for 5 minutes.

For something pretty much instant you can mash banana, add some chocolate protein powder and some rolled oats then fry it in coconut oil to make chocolate and banana oat pancakes. It honestly takes less than 5 minutes including preparation.

my favorite “high calorie” meal for the growth season has been ground beef, pasta or rice, teriyaki or BBq sauce, and some cheddar cheese.

lower calories is chicken or fish and frozen veggies. Cant get much easier.