Easy-Hard Gainer Nutrition Questions

Just a few questions in light of the recent hard gainer thread…

1. In an old article you recommend frequent high protein, high carb , and low fat feedings for them. Recommending anywhere between 1.8-2.2 g per lb per day. In light of advances in periworkout nutrition and the development of MAG-10 and the pulsing protocols, do you still recommend such guidelines?

2. Do you still not count MAG-10 and periworkout carbs and protein in the final totals for the day?

3. Do you have any recent protocols for weak body parts like you recommended in the past? (I think the most recent one was 5 double pulses through out the day)

4. I believe in a hard gainer because I’m only 190 with outline of abs but I still take in 400-450 carbs, 300-350g protein and 65-75 g of fat a day without gaining weight, and gain weight fast (as well as fat) when I bump my fat intake up to over 100g a day with lower carbs of course. Is this safe assumption to make?

I apologize if there’s any typing errors, I am typing on a very glitchy phone.

[quote]kjmont wrote:
Just a few questions in light of the recent hard gainer thread…

1. In an old article you recommend frequent high protein, high carb , and low fat feedings for them. Recommending anywhere between 1.8-2.2 g per lb per day. In light of advances in periworkout nutrition and the development of MAG-10 and the pulsing protocols, do you still recommend such guidelines?

2. Do you still not count MAG-10 and periworkout carbs and protein in the final totals for the day?

3. Do you have any recent protocols for weak body parts like you recommended in the past? (I think the most recent one was 5 double pulses through out the day)

4. I believe in a hard gainer because I’m only 190 with outline of abs but I still take in 400-450 carbs, 300-350g protein and 65-75 g of fat a day without gaining weight, and gain weight fast (as well as fat) when I bump my fat intake up to over 100g a day with lower carbs of course. Is this safe assumption to make?

I apologize if there’s any typing errors, I am typing on a very glitchy phone.[/quote]

CT doesn’t really like to use his forum to field nutrition-related questions, so you may want to try posting these in Chris Shugart’s. But here are some things to consider when posting over there.

Tim Patterson and Chris Shugart really haven’t found any “upper limit” on the number of MAG-10 pulses per day . . . regardless if you’re trying to put on some muscle or lose fat.

Periworkout nutrition still counts in final energy totals and should be your main source of carbohydrates on your lower-carb days.

–Eric