Easy Extra Calories

Wow! Nice, those sound like some solid ideas. Thanks all.

@elusive, I’m shooting for 3500 on a regular lift day – 4000 if I have a soccer or frisbee game. Which it turns out is a lot more than I’m used to… you have a good point, hopefully my stomach will adjust in some time.

As you might’ve guessed, I’m a college student. I’m actually studying in Singapore right now, so I don’t get all that much meat or dairy – it’s damn expensive here. For protein, I’ve pretty much been eating eggs like its my job.

But woah, so fiber will actually help my stomach? I had been trying to take it easy on fiber, kind of, figuring a moderate fiber intake would fill me up less and lead to more calories in. Hm.

Peanut butter and honey last night… went down pretty good :slight_smile:

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
peanut butter and honey sandwiches.

go get em tiger[/quote]

On RYE!!! How many times do I gotta say it?? my gosh, best sandwich ever.

Add bologna or some other meats if you want. But PB&H on rye is so much better than pbh on average old bread.

cheeses, melted in with steak, rice or over the top of veggies, good source of proteins and fat

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
http://thisiswhyyourefat.com

Inspiration. FFB’s need not apply.

I don’t actually eat any of those things, but gives me ideas on adding foods in to other meals. It’s also hilarious.[/quote]

Amazing…

Heavy whipping cream, raws nuts, large chunks of greasy meat, dried fruits (apricot, raisins, prune, fig, date)…

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
peanut butter and honey sandwiches.

go get em tiger[/quote]

A childhood fave of mine. I’ve actually got a few sticky keys on my keyboard now from one! Peanut butter, honey, and banana is also good. Even added walnuts to that, but, after a certain point, the sandwich gets so messy you’ll be eating half of it off your shirt.

For whatever reason, too, I find that if I eat a big breakfast with lots of veggies and protein and a decent amount of carbs, I’m actually hungry again sooner than I would be otherwise. (Because of the fiber in the veggies? because a big shot of cals early primes my metabolism? I dunno.) It’s hard to do with my current schedule, and I don’t always manage it, but when I do, I notice a big difference in my energy levels and appetite (both significantly higher).