Easter Eggs Renamed 'Spring Spheres'

The End is Nigh!

Ladies and Gentlemen, not only is Western civilization going to collapse, but, frankly, not a moment too soon.

We are obviously way past the point of no return, maybe we should just put the petal to the metal and get it over with:

Seattle school renames Easter eggs ‘Spring Spheres’

A sophomore at a local private high school thinks an effort to make Easter politically correct is ridiculous.

Jessica, 16, told KIRO Radio’s Dori Monson Show that a week before spring break, the students commit to a week-long community service project. She decided to volunteer in a third grade class at a public school, which she would like to remain nameless.

“At the end of the week I had an idea to fill little plastic eggs with treats and jelly beans and other candy, but I was kind of unsure how the teacher would feel about that,” Jessica said.

She was concerned how the teacher might react to the eggs after of a meeting earlier in the week where she learned about “their abstract behavior rules.”

“I went to the teacher to get her approval and she wanted to ask the administration to see if it was okay,” Jessica explained. “She said that I could do it as long as I called this treat ‘spring spheres.’ I couldn’t call them Easter eggs.”

Rather than question the decision, Jessica opted to “roll with it.” But the third graders had other ideas.

“When I took them out of the bag, the teacher said, ‘Oh look, spring spheres’ and all the kids were like ‘Wow, Easter eggs.’ So they knew,” Jessica said.

The Seattle elementary school isn’t the only government organization using spring over Easter. The city’s parks department has removed Easter from all of its advertised egg hunts.

This is completely unacceptable behavior, it continues to reinforce Northern Hemisphere chauvinism. It is Autumn where I am, and I must protest.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
This is completely unacceptable behavior, it continues to reinforce Northern Hemisphere chauvinism. It is Autumn where I am, and I must protest.[/quote]

Pure awesome.

Rest assured the only people that thought this was necessary are upper-middle class white people.

I sure could go for a Cadbury Creme Sphere right now…

The Easter bunny will have his revenge. The Easter Bunny HATES YOU - YouTube

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
I sure could go for a Cadbury Creme Sphere right now…[/quote]

Why not just call them colored eggs? Or plastic eggs? Or, if the term “colored” offends, why not multi-hued plastic eggs? Sheesh…

this is stupid. easter is celebrated by catholics/christians. why would it have to be politically correct. lets take all individualism away from everyone.

I sure could go for a Cadbury Creme Sphere right now…[/quote]

Did somebody say Creme Sphere…

Now imagine taking the richest, most decadent Cadbury Creme Sphere and impregnating an already 300 calorie snack cake with it’s sweet goo.

Oh yeah…Canada went there!

Now imagine taking the richest, most decadent Cadbury Creme Sphere and impregnating an already 300 calorie snack cake with it’s sweet goo.

Oh yeah…Canada went there![/quote]

These are the real creme eggs

[quote]Nards wrote:
Rest assured the only people that thought this was necessary are upper-middle class white people.[/quote]

Of course, they are the ones running this ridiculous show.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Rest assured the only people that thought this was necessary are upper-middle class white people.[/quote]

Of course, they are the ones running this ridiculous show.[/quote]

[quote]dday wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

Of course, they are the ones running this ridiculous show.[/quote]
[/quote]

You can’t deny that us white folks are the driving force behind fucking shit up on the planet, lol.

Why would anyone want to go to a ‘spring sphere hunt’? Totally silly name to have chosen. Public school politically correct policies are getting pretty goofy, no?

Man, I’m not particularly religious, but 13 years of catholic education gives me perspective on stuff like this. The fact that someone MIGHT be offended by a christian holiday doesn’t give them the right to try to change traditional celebratory activities. Easter eggs have a symbolism rooted in both christian and pagan traditions.

I think that it would be better for public schools to just ignore the holidays and let parents and families do their thing at home.

On the subject of Cadbury eggs: ewww, never liked the goop inside. I’d rather the peanut butter-filled Reese’s eggs.

[quote]veggiestrong wrote:
I’d rather the peanut butter-filled Reese’s eggs.[/quote]

This is the most accurate thing ever said on this forum.

On the subject of Cadbury eggs: ewww, never liked the goop inside. I’d rather the peanut butter-filled Reese’s eggs.[/quote]

I can’t stand them. They put me in mind of chocolate covered abortion.

Why would anyone want to go to a ‘spring sphere hunt’? Totally silly name to have chosen. Public school politically correct policies are getting pretty goofy, no?

Man, I’m not particularly religious, but 13 years of catholic education gives me perspective on stuff like this. The fact that someone MIGHT be offended by a christian holiday doesn’t give them the right to try to change traditional celebratory activities. Easter eggs have a symbolism rooted in both christian and pagan traditions.

I think that it would be better for public schools to just ignore the holidays and let parents and families do their thing at home.

On the subject of Cadbury eggs: ewww, never liked the goop inside. I’d rather the peanut butter-filled Reese’s eggs.[/quote]

Good post.

No wonder American math education sucks. Eggs are not spheres. Another generation of poor fools that don’t know their geometrical shapes…