East European Bodybuilding...

Ok has anyone here used either the workout or principals from Thibs east European bodybuilding article?

If so I am just curious as to the results people gained from it? I like the ideas behind the article and I could probably get used to working out twice a day, I also think that after a week or two that it would become convenient for me to work out twice a day provided that those workout times were shorter than my regular workouts.

Anyway if anyone has experience with this workout or the principals then please let me know how you guys went and what progress one could expect.

I will let you know that I am a poor student as well so if anyone starts saying “well you have to eat more food and any workout will work, just do some hard work etc” dont reply to this thread. I understand that I have to work hard and eat, but I just want to know peoples opinions and if they have had any progess using the principals.

I want to make the most informed decision.

[quote]Simon Forsyth wrote:
Ok has anyone here used either the workout or principals from Thibs east European bodybuilding article?

If so I am just curious as to the results people gained from it? I like the ideas behind the article and I could probably get used to working out twice a day, I also think that after a week or two that it would become convenient for me to work out twice a day provided that those workout times were shorter than my regular workouts.

Anyway if anyone has experience with this workout or the principals then please let me know how you guys went and what progress one could expect.

I will let you know that I am a poor student as well so if anyone starts saying “well you have to eat more food and any workout will work, just do some hard work etc” dont reply to this thread. I understand that I have to work hard and eat, but I just want to know peoples opinions and if they have had any progess using the principals.

I want to make the most informed decision. [/quote]

I am unfamiliar with Christian’s article ( until just now ). I gave it quick look-over, and this Eastern European thing, is pretty much how I was taught how to train when I was in JH, by my grand-uncle, (whom was old enough to be my great-grand-uncle ). My grand-uncle incidentally was from Europe.

The foundational principles of this Eastern European training, are very sound.

Pretty much every coach will agree that two training sessions per day of work is the optimal choice over one long session.

At first I would make your sessions, no longer than 45 minutes. As you progress you may find a need for more work, you may not, but again, as beginner to this, don’t spend a full hour and one half each time.

You should space your two sessions about 5 to 8 hours apart if possible. The longer the stretch ( rest ) between sessions the better. 6 hours is a happy medium that I have found very workable.

If your PM session is late, like at 10 PM or something, make sure you still get your carbs in after the training. You wont get fat, even on a cut.

If you are Whole-Body-Training, I have found that varying the basic lifts, for each day ( not session in that day ) is great. For instance, you would do BB Hack Squat, Mon, Box Squat, Wed, and Front Squat Fri. Use that principle for all the basic lifts which I assume you train some variation of each of the five.

I don’t know if Christian suggested that, but I found that to be useful for myself and others.

You can incorporate the fundamentals of this Eastern European thing, into Split training ( I like Split training ). So this isn’t a Whole-Body-Training-Club. Just think shit out.

Do not forget your small muscle groups! Rear delt, arm, calve work etc can still be intelligently added to this kind of training, and should be unless you want to spend a few years in The Land of Unbalance. I hear everyone has a great flat bb bench press there though.

Scheduling this correctly can be rough, but if you want to go the two sessions per training day route you can, you just have to want it bad enough. It’s worth it I can’t bring myself to train any other way.

Hit me up, if you need some clarification there, or have questions I did not answer well.

[quote]LAMF wrote:
Simon Forsyth wrote:

I want to make the most informed decision.

I am unfamiliar with Christian’s article ( until just now ). I gave it quick look-over, and this Eastern European thing, is pretty much how I was taught how to train when I was in JH, by my grand-uncle, (whom was old enough to be my great-grand-uncle ). My grand-uncle incidentally was from Europe.

The foundational principles of this Eastern European training, are very sound.

Pretty much every coach will agree that two training sessions per day of work is the optimal choice over one long session.

At first I would make your sessions, no longer than 45 minutes. As you progress you may find a need for more work, you may not, but again, as beginner to this, don’t spend a full hour and one half each time.

You should space your two sessions about 5 to 8 hours apart if possible. The longer the stretch ( rest ) between sessions the better. 6 hours is a happy medium that I have found very workable.

If your PM session is late, like at 10 PM or something, make sure you still get your carbs in after the training. You wont get fat, even on a cut.

If you are Whole-Body-Training, I have found that varying the basic lifts, for each day ( not session in that day ) is great. For instance, you would do BB Hack Squat, Mon, Box Squat, Wed, and Front Squat Fri. Use that principle for all the basic lifts which I assume you train some variation of each of the five.

I don’t know if Christian suggested that, but I found that to be useful for myself and others.

You can incorporate the fundamentals of this Eastern European thing, into Split training ( I like Split training ). So this isn’t a Whole-Body-Training-Club. Just think shit out.

Do not forget your small muscle groups! Rear delt, arm, calve work etc can still be intelligently added to this kind of training, and should be unless you want to spend a few years in The Land of Unbalance. I hear everyone has a great flat bb bench press there though.

Scheduling this correctly can be rough, but if you want to go the two sessions per training day route you can, you just have to want it bad enough. It’s worth it I can’t bring myself to train any other way.

Hit me up, if you need some clarification there, or have questions I did not answer well.

[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, I have often thought about about twice a day training but I have decided to give it a go. I understand what you mean about getting carbs if the PM session is late but they wont be too late as the gym I go to closes its weights room at 8pm.

I will hit you up later on maybe in the next 24 hrs to ask a few questions just let me get this first session under my belt.

Simon