T Nation

"Easier" Easy Strength Rule of 10 Program

Hi everyone.

I have been doing stronglifts 5x5 for 4 months now and have been told about the rule of 10 easy strength program by someone in the gym today and wanted to know if anyone has run this program and what results have you got. Thanks in advance

Ive done it. It works if you get your intensity just right. Too light, nothing happens, too heavy and youre mashed in a week

I was thinking of doing the 5/3/2 rep scheme with alternating workout a and b. Workout a would be . Back squat,incline bench,barbell row,deadlift and farmers walk. Workout b would be,front squat,shoulder press,weighted pulls,Romanian deadlift and farmers walk.

eh, I think it would be interesting to run, but I think more volume is required than most of these programs lay out

The program mandates you run 1 squat, 1 push, 1 pull, 1 hinge (can be combined with pull) and either an abdominal or carry movement. Pick ONE move from each category and do it five days a week in two week blocks. You should do that.

Don’t f*ck with Dan John. Try his program, then make any modifications you so desire