EAS: Quality Has Diminished

I remember when EAS, under Bill Phillips, had really good supplements. EAS was purchased by my company at the time, Abbott Laboratories, in 2004. I remember saying to my wife, “Watch, the quality of the supplements will start to diminish in order to cut costs and go mainstream.”

Sure enough, I’ve seen it with their supplements with added sugar and fat.

[quote]ghost87 wrote:
I remember when EAS, under Bill Phillips, had really good supplements. EAS was purchased by my company at the time, Abbott Laboratories, in 2004. I remember saying to my wife, “Watch, the quality of the supplements will start to diminish in order to cut costs and go mainstream.”

Sure enough, I’ve seen it with their supplements with added sugar and fat. [/quote]

Plus soy protein. Selling out just to appeal to a broader base.

This is why I appreciate Biotest. Are they cheap products? No way. Are they decently priced for what they deliver? Yes, and their reputation is quiet but strong. Hell, would anybody consider buying a $90 bottle of Anaconda from another company? I’d wager that there’d be a lot fewer people ready to pay for it.

[quote]samdan wrote:
This is why I appreciate Biotest. Are they cheap products? No way. Are they decently priced for what they deliver? Yes, and their reputation is quiet but strong. Hell, would anybody consider buying a $90 bottle of Anaconda from another company? I’d wager that there’d be a lot fewer people ready to pay for it.[/quote]

Funny thing is, the rep you just described for Biotest is the exact rep EAS had 15 years ago.

Never buy EAS anymore. I used to all time. I mean, they were the first with a lot of stuff. (Creatine, Myoplex bars and protein) Funny, Bill Phillips took the money and ran. Shut down, Muscle Media. Strange deal. Of course, T-Nation is a off-shoot of MM.

I second samdan.
That says it all!!

[quote]samdan wrote:
This is why I appreciate Biotest. Are they cheap products? No way. Are they decently priced for what they deliver? Yes, and their reputation is quiet but strong. Hell, would anybody consider buying a $90 bottle of Anaconda from another company? I’d wager that there’d be a lot fewer people ready to pay for it.[/quote]

Hell, I remember paying around 90 bucks for a worthless bottle of EAS HMB back in 99. I had just read BFL and thought that HMB and Creatine was gonna be better than Deca! Thank God I stumbled upon Biotest and T-Nation not too long after that