Earthquake!

Yup - felt the whole house shake - weird as hell. We don’t get that here in NY much…

I didn’t notice it but a few people who were near me mentioned that a few of the chairs had rolled away.

[quote]cct wrote:
felt it in boston.[/quote]

Ick. When I was at MIT we studied “what was the city most at risk for a catestrophic earthquate.”

Answer: Boston.

It’s on “fill” land (back bay); major, major fault, and crowded masonry buildings.

It will hit, probably within the next century, and all of the back bay will be sucked back into the ocean.

yea like jaybvee said, felt it here in toronto, minimal though

I was laying in my bed, and I’ve never felt and earthquake before, but knew instantly what it was. I actually started laughing. I could see now how a stronger earthquake could be real scary though.

Damnnnnn mother nature you scary!

I live in a 100 something year old house and one of my roommates ceilings fell in. I just thought it was construction or something at first.

Some family was at the beach in Ocean City, NJ and they said it was pretty nasty (as it would be with sandy substrate).

just outside DC. started very minor thought somenoe was walking on the roof at work. then the walls started shaking really bad.

no one knew what to do, i ran right for the doorway George Costanza style.

yep…how FREAKY!!!

Bout time you East Coasters knew what it felt like…

Felt it in the office… weird as hell… first earthquake I can remember… my memory is pretty shitty though

I was at work, and less than a hundred miles from the quake and didn’t feel shit. I was half asleep at the time.

It was a hoax

didnt happen

I felt it in the cafeteria at work. I thought It was the wind whipping against the building at first. Then after a while I knew it was a earthquake. I’m heading to an after work earthquake party to console some chicks. Gotta love New York City, any excuse to party.

I was squatting when it happened, shit you not. I noticed my rack quivering a bit but didn’t think anything of it. I set the weight down and the rack kept quivering from side to side while the weight made klinking noises.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
I was at work, and less than a hundred miles from the quake and didn’t feel shit. I was half asleep at the time.[/quote]

Hey Uncle Gabby!! Where you been??!!?

Didn’t feel it here in london (ontario) apparently other people did. This is the third time i’ve been trhough an earthquake and not noticed jack squat. Guess it’s a good thing

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Bout time you East Coasters knew what it felt like…

[/quote]

I’ll remember that the next time you get a half inch of snow and shut down a city for 3 days