Early teen training

Hyphnz, you’ve begun an excellent discussion. Kudos to you.

I have nothing to add; just have been reading all the good information/opinions being provided.

Knight, I completely and utterly agree. Making it fun is paramount and a reminder every now and then is good.

Ike, wow that is very extensive and a good read. I’m about 1/2 way through.

Today is Saturday here YEAH so will have first workout today. I’ll let ya’ll know how it goes and a plan later. There have been some very good ideas here, thanks.

Note to self: be more specific next time.

Does that mean I can have a sticker to go on my behavior chart Ms Smith? hehehehe

Hey Hyphnz,
Great topic, like others have said…fun is paramount. Since he already does Karate why not train him with that in mind, doing agility, GPP running (forget ,miles do sprints / intervals)O-lifts, sledge work. Train with Barspeed in mind = more power production.
I don’t know how heavy Tren-freak would be thinking of going but two caveats I’d use are never to failure let that be for later build a base now)and not less then 6 reps (fewer reps are better for more experienced lifters)unless using body weight. Add pounds to a dynamic bench and you are adding pounds to your max. And train between 55% and 80% of 1rm also increases max/limit strength.
Try to vary the atmosphere and lifting impliments too…playgrounds are great fun.
Peace,
T-Ren

Well yesterday was day 1 and although no ‘real’ tests were done I got a guage of where he is at and changed a few things a bit. Session was as follows

2 sets GPP 30 secs each exercise
jumping jacks
shuffles
slalom jumps
chinees

BW low box squats
db press
2 foot scissors
bor
cruch (will prob change to plank or another exercise)
db standing press

stretch

did 12 reps 2 times thru.

Was good, took some before pics for future reference.