Early Morning Workout Tips?

In bed at 9pm up at 5am, and I have food in my belly no later than 5:10.

I mix a serving of whey protein powder with as little water as possible, a piece of fruit, and have a glass of juice (fast protein and fast carb).

I’m trying to follow the Carb Cycling so it is prescribed that i get 25% of my carbs in at breakfast (that’s pre workout for me) and 50% post workout (man is it hard to eat that many carbs in clean food), and then the rest at my post-post-workout meal (eggs and oats).

[quote]sdspeedracer wrote:
I’m up at 4:30 and in the gym by 5. I like to have a serving Metabolic Drive Complete and ICE BCAA before leaving, have a full serving of Surge during, and eat a full meal within 2 hours of finishing. I like a couple of Spike tabs during, downing them with my protein, but they have been hurting my stomach lately (or something has) so I’ve been laying off. I’ll go back when I can, because the Spike just plain rocks; in the meantime, I’ve been experimenting with Power Drive in the ICE.

On deadlift/squat days, I do a complete sequence of dynamic warm-up from MagMobility – it’s made a huge difference.

I try to hit the hay between 9 and 10 at night.[/quote]

You take Spike tabs during your workout? Don’t you think it would be better to take them about 30 min before.
Just a suggestion wake up at 4:00 take the the Metabolic Drive and at 4:30 take the Spike Tabs.

[quote]gmantheman wrote:
sdspeedracer wrote:
I’m up at 4:30 and in the gym by 5. I like to have a serving Metabolic Drive Complete and ICE BCAA before leaving, have a full serving of Surge during, and eat a full meal within 2 hours of finishing. I like a couple of Spike tabs during, downing them with my protein, but they have been hurting my stomach lately (or something has) so I’ve been laying off. I’ll go back when I can, because the Spike just plain rocks; in the meantime, I’ve been experimenting with Power Drive in the ICE.

On deadlift/squat days, I do a complete sequence of dynamic warm-up from MagMobility – it’s made a huge difference.

I try to hit the hay between 9 and 10 at night.

You take Spike tabs during your workout? Don’t you think it would be better to take them about 30 min before.
Just a suggestion wake up at 4:00 take the the Metabolic Drive and at 4:30 take the Spike Tabs.
[/quote]

Nah, I down them with the protein at home 30 minutes before. I don’t take anything during my session but the Surge.

Sorry about the confusion.