Early Morning Nutrition

I have recently moved my workouts to the morning. About an hour after I wake up I like to be stretching. I am usually hungry in the morning but should I be making a normal breakfast, which is rather large, or go to a pre workout snack for breakfast instead? I can just make up my normal breakfast calories later, just wondering if i should stuff or go with like a bagel with cream cheese as a pre.

[quote]T-man21 wrote:
I have recently moved my workouts to the morning. About an hour after I wake up I like to be stretching. I am usually hungry in the morning but should I be making a normal breakfast, which is rather large, or go to a pre workout snack for breakfast instead? I can just make up my normal breakfast calories later, just wondering if i should stuff or go with like a bagel with cream cheese as a pre.[/quote]

Bagel with cream cheese? Nah, get some protein and carbs in. A Metabolic Drive Complete shake an hour before working out will break the catabolic state you are waking from and give you fuel and aminos for your workout. You will get better results then having nothing or just a carb heavy snack before training.

D

Stick with your normal breakfast as long as it doesn’t interfere with your training.

[quote]litespeed wrote:
Stick with your normal breakfast as long as it doesn’t interfere with your training.[/quote]

exactly if you can stomach it and still perform high then go for it. get something in, find what works vest for you

phill

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
Bagel with cream cheese? Nah, get some protein and carbs in. A Metabolic Drive Complete shake an hour before working out will break the catabolic state you are waking from and give you fuel and aminos for your workout. You will get better results then having nothing or just a carb heavy snack before training.

D [/quote]

Good idea. In reality, a bagel and cream cheese snack is only compatible with the goal of bulking-at-all-costs.

And even then, it would still require an an actual protein source to go alongside it.