Early Breakfast Problems

So, I decided awhile ago that I was gonna start eating well, and that meant eating breakfast. Heres where it gets wierd:

No matter what I eat (i’ve tried everything from eggs, to oatmeal, to wheat toast, to wheat bagels, to a whole bunch of fruit, to cereal) I always get nausious if I eat in the morning. And if I eat anything bigger than a piece of toast, I get horrible diarreaha and stomach craps, accompanied with terrible gas. My father (doctor) says it’s gas bubbles in my GI tract. He has no idea why this is occuring. If I don’t eat breakfast, I’m pretty much starving myself until noon (when I have lunch).

Whats wierd is I eat breakfast every day over the summer around 8 AM. I currently eat around 6:30. I thought it was an earliness problem, but I tried eating at 7:30 ish and I still get queezy (though not as much cramping).

FYI: This has been a continual problem from the start of september when school started. At first I thought it was my stomach adapting to getting food early, but the problem has continued. I have started no new supplementation or new food that might’ve cause this. As well, wierdly enough, I don’t seem to get sick at all when I eat at 8 during weekends, or eating immidiatly after I wake up late (10ish).

The pain, doesn’t set in immidiatly, but takes awhile to build up (half an hour to an hour).

I’m very confused, and would appreciate anyones advice or insight as to why this may be happening, and what I can do to stop and/or get around it.

Do you honestly think anyone on this board can really help you with your problem? Go see a damn doctor if the story you gave us is really what’s going on.

Jeesh kids these days with thinking message boards are the only source of information.

“FYI: This has been a continual problem from the start of september when school started.”

Bingo. If you have no problem eating the same foods at the same time on the weekends/holidays then I’d take a guess that stress/anxiety about school is the likely cause. Either that or something unusual in your school day/night routine that you haven’t picked up on.

I had the same crap for the exam period of my final year of school - stress built up so slowly I didn’t realise it until exams finished. It was ‘diagnosed’ as IBS, but the symptomns abated as soon as the stress was removed.

[quote]drenelin wrote:
“FYI: This has been a continual problem from the start of september when school started.”

Bingo. If you have no problem eating the same foods at the same time on the weekends/holidays then I’d take a guess that stress/anxiety about school is the likely cause…the symptomns abated as soon as the stress was removed.[/quote]

I work a high stress job and had a similar problem…“Fight or Flight” hormones are already spilling into your system in anticipation of stress, hence you cannot keep solid/liquid food down…

My personal workaround is this: before I leave for the commute, I take my meds and also take some (either/or) Aminos/BCAA’s/Liver Tabs…The theory being to get in positive nitro balance until I get to work and see the lay of the land…If immediate action is not on tap, then I try for a clean solid food meal, usually 3-4 HB eggs at minimum, you can always go up from there…Got this idea from Gironda…Hope this helps…

I used to have this problem in high school. It was one reason I was so thin until I graduated. It is not only stress related, but the ability to get food down itself is based on chemical signals to the brain that I personally feel can be controlled eventually if based on nothing else but desire to reach a goal.

I started forcing myself to eat more in the mornings and that eventually subsided. It took a while, however, and is something that is never a concern now.

I will add that I believe people who are prone to this might also be prone later to stomach ulcers. You respond to stress partially by exhibiting a loss of appetite. Some people are just the opposite.

This indeed sounds familiar, I used to be prone to this too. Last years of high school especially, I was stressed out most of the time. I even developed oesophagitis from all that stress, which … sucks. So yeah, it’s probably stress.

But it’s 0700 out here, and I just ate a huge breakfast. I’d say, go have a doctor check you up before it turns into something worse than ‘no appetite’ …

[quote]Professor X wrote:
It is not only stress related, but the ability to get food down itself is based on chemical signals to the brain that I personally feel can be controlled eventually if based on nothing else but desire to reach a goal. [/quote]

Definately, and some creative thinking.

I have trouble eating a huge breakfast too, but I can get a full stomach by force feeding a liquid supershake in the morning.