T Nation

Eagle78 950 Training Log

Probably 10 years or so.
My oldest went to Emory. It was great to visit Atlanta.
Seems like a long time ago. Random thoughts, as we were just discussing travel restrictions at my office.

45 degree BE 5x10
RDL 5x10
Cable row 5x10
LPD 5x10
KF/KE 2x20
Upright row 4x15
Felt exhausted all day, just went through the motions. Probably still worth doing as I felt som energy after.
Ready to charge ahead today.

1 Like

Seated fat bar press
5x10
Seated BTN
2x10
EZ curls 6x8
Triceps, rear delts , core
Better every time, still holding back , picking weights by feel.

2 Likes

Medical School or residency? Wow, isn’t that a big name school or something?

Undergraduate.
Big names are usually most impressive to those who attended their big name school.
It’s what you make of the opportunity.

1 Like

Emory is well known for its medical school in deep South.

2 Likes

I tell my son in law school the same thing. He got scholarships to pay for most of it. I told him to make the most of it.

1 Like

It’s well known in New England and probably most of the east coast and US in general. The CDC is right next door and it’s made quite a reputation on research.
Perhaps I’m just old and grumpy. I evaluate on performance, not pedigree. I attended enough big name places to see all the bullsh#t and self promotion. I’m not going to get started on this topic. Availability to work matched with enough brains and hard work usually gives a good result. Fancy names are nice, but not how I judge.

2 Likes

I thought Atlanta was great. Interesting, a lot of the undergraduate students are from all over the US

I fully believe that perseverance, determination and balancing a home life are what matter. Luck follows that stuff.

1 Like

Perfectly said.

45 degree BE 3x15
Cable row 5x10
RDL 5x10
Pull-ups 5x5
KE/KF 3x20
Upright row 3x15
Smooth, probably need to start using some real weights soon.

1 Like

Good point, doc!

1 Like

BP
45x10,95x10,115x8,135x8,155x8,185x8
Pull up 6x5
CGBP 3x10
Hammer curls 2x10
EZ curls 6x6
Rear delts, triceps 50 reps
Starting to push BP, it’s a start back to some weight. Leg drive on the total hip replacement side still isn there, but at least my feet are starting to tuck back.
Definitely not going to overdo it… I hope.
Good weekend to all.

2 Likes

So, how’s the hip?

Feels great.
I’m walking 3-4 miles most days outside. Trying to walk quickly after the first 5-10 minutes.
Soon it will get dark and cold outside before I get home from work. Then I’ll start to hit the weights a llittle more seriously.
Right now I couldn’t be happier and more pleased with my outcome. I’ll stay careful with heavy deadlifts, not sure about squats again.
Adapting and moving forward with my training, god to keep a perspective of what’s important.
Stay well

3 Likes

45 degree BE 5x8 used 45 plate last 3 sets
Cable row 5x 10
RDL 135 5x8
LPD 5x10
KE/ KF 2x20
Rear delts 2x20
Shrugs 2x20
Core

2 Likes

Seated press 5x10
BTN 3x10
Hammer curls 5x10
EZ bar3x8
Lateral raise 4x15, triceps 4x15
Core
Simple and fun. I want to get back to BTN, it’s been about 6 month’s. It will take some time.
All good.

2 Likes