T Nation

EAA's During the Day

Pretty simple question, just wondering if someone looking to gain more muscle mass has a very good diet (in surplus of about 500+ calories), very good training regime and supplement regime (protein, creatine, BCAA’s, Glutamine, multi, fish oil)

would sipping on/adding in EAA’s (essential amino acids) throughout the day help them gain more muscle?

Just wondering as i’m keen to add a new supplement to my regime, and obviously want to maximize growth. But i dont know the answer and was just wondering if anyone has used EAA’s with good results?

Cheers.

Prepare to be lambasted. You have already started a thread about gaining weight and were given a lot of advice.

Why are you so “keen to add a new supplement”? You’re not even certain what they do.

[quote]Jackie_Jacked wrote:
Prepare to be lambasted. You have already started a thread about gaining weight and were given a lot of advice.

Why are you so “keen to add a new supplement”? You’re not even certain what they do.

[/quote]

what so its illegal to post two threads?

just trying to gain knowledge on as much as i can man.

Makes no difference to me at all. I’m only telling you that if you were given 6 pages of specific advice from everyone from the dirty bulkers to the lean gainers less than a week ago and now you are here - pretty soon people will tell you to quit wasting their time, and rightly so.

[quote]dopes1 wrote:

[quote]Jackie_Jacked wrote:

Why are you so “keen to add a new supplement”? You’re not even certain what they do. [/quote]
what so its illegal to post two threads?

just trying to gain knowledge on as much as i can man.[/quote]
It’s not that it’s illegal, it’s that if you actually absorbed the advice you were given in the other thread, you’d know that drinking EAA’s throughout the day will have little, if any, effect on your progress.

The bigger picture for you is to increase your daily calories, not focus on something relatively-small like essential amino acids. Instead of drinking an EAA mix, have a few 20-40 gram protein shakes during the day. You’ll get EAAs and calories. Win-win.

And since it’s been about a week since that thread, dopes, what exactly did you eat yesterday?

yesterday i woke up and had a whey isolate shake (30grams),
then ate a cup and a half of oats mixed with a cup of blueberries, a cup of egg whites and 3 whole eggs
then trained and post workout drunk 40g of whey isolate, 5g creatine, 30g of waxymaize carbs and 20g of dextrose

an hour later ate almost 2 cups of rice and 4 chicken tenderloins (from nandos so dont know exact amounts but its 43g protein and 60g carbs about 10g fat)

then about 2 hours later i had another cup and half of rice with one and a half chicken breasts cooked with canola oil.
then 2 hours later i had a big piece of lasagne with extra mince with salad (with avocado and olive oil for fats), this meal wouldve been cleaner but i cant control dinner really as i still live at home with family etc.

Then about an hour later i had 3 rice cakes, 2 with cottage cheese and one with natty peanut butter,
then before bed had 40g of casein with a handful of almonds

ate very similar today aswell, but yeah just wondered if anyone had experience with EAA’s
because i know with BCAA’s you need them post workout because protein itself doesnt have a high enough ratio of BCAA’s, didnt know if it was similar with EAA’s.

anyway, does the diet sound better ?

Cool, man. It does sound like some of that info sunk in after all. :wink: Look like you’re trying to bump up each meal. Stick with it.

Only thing I’d say is…

[quote]dopes1 wrote:
…i had a big piece of lasagne with extra mince with salad (with avocado and olive oil for fats), this meal wouldve been cleaner but i cant control dinner really as i still live at home with family etc.[/quote]
Don’t sweat for a second about trying to have a “clean” dinner. It might sound lame, but try to enjoy the family time with whatever you all are eating. You eat well enough the rest of the day.

Um, that’s new to me.

As long as you’re using a quality protein source, worrying about particular BCAA amounts or even EAA amounts is less important than just getting enough total protein throughout the day. Meaning, for example, I could either worry about getting 8 grams of BCAAs in a shake or just make sure I’m getting 35 grams of protein in a shake.

yeahh nah i dont mind about dinner usually, i just have whatever my parents cook :slight_smile: which is usually a high calorie meal which is good!

but yeah the only reason i do worry about BCAA’s is because i know that every day i get enough protein, so the next step in my mind is to get the BCAA’s downpacked.

But yeah im deffinately upping the calories for a long time, and will continue to increase them as i get bigger.