T Nation

E2 Side Effects?

So I’ve been on trt for about 4 months now (200mg test cyp per week ) also take hcg 3x a week to maintain fertility .

My doc told me with a trt dose some guys may not need an AI , but he wanted to try me on .25mg of Adex a week .

I’ve been taking Adex now for prob 3 months , and just this last week I ended up tripling my dose - I basically took a full pill as the next day After my t shot I noticed some bloating . I am now extremely regretting this . About 2 days after taking this I lost all - I mean I have absolutely no libido , my erections aren’t even 50 % of what they normally are , and probably the worst sides I’ve has is the psychological effects - brain fog , anxiety , dull emotion / feeling , insomnia .

I feel like my whole body / personality is changing which is adding to my anxiety , but everyone keeps assuring me my e2 will come back and my body will end up balancing it self . It’s been about 10 days since I crashed my e2 and don’t really feel any better .

Last test e2 was 10.7 - which ive been told by several people is extremely low . My question is has anyone else felt these sides ? Especially the mental ones ? If so how long to return to normal and how long for e levels to come back ?

It will take several days, maybe even a couple of weeks for things to get back to “normal”. AI are very powerful drugs.

Thanks catfish - I’ve learned my lesson . Are the psychological sides normal ? I hear a lot of guys complain about joint pain, ed , no libido . But for me the anxiety and depression has been the worst

[quote]Rfarrell86 wrote:
Thanks catfish - I’ve learned my lesson . Are the psychological sides normal ? I hear a lot of guys complain about joint pain, ed , no libido . But for me the anxiety and depression has been the worst [/quote]

I’m going through the same thing thanks to Arimidex. If my E2 goes too low I end up with depression and very little energy. I also see the low libido and back pain. I guess thats the joint that bothers me first.

Hey thanks for that man . Glad to know I’m not the only one dealing with this . I too notice extreme joint pain as the first sign … Usually in my hip / leg area … It was the psychological effects that I really started to notice and have never felt before … It’s been about 2 weeks since my last dose of adex and feel a little better each day

Yep, it can be physical as well as mental. You may be an AI “over-responder”. Do some reading up on that.

How it was before taking arimidex?
Did you get morning wood and good libido before getting bad?

Some people say its good to get E2 the same level of SHBG.

Same boat here! First time I ever took Adex, my erections and libido went through the roof for some time – then my E2 got too low and I battle back, knee, and foot pain. I tried going off for 3 weeks and starting again with a smaller dose, but never had the sexual well being I had the first month on it. Going for blood again tomorrow to check levels and try to dial in the dose further. Since you can only split 50mg pills so small aim considering increasing my T dose to bring up the E to good levels… Sounds reasonable?

Oh and one other thing… Does anyone know the physiological reason e2 kills libido/ sex drive ?

[quote]Rfarrell86 wrote:
Oh and one other thing… Does anyone know the physiological reason e2 kills libido/ sex drive ? [/quote]

Libido is extremely complicated, requiring a proper balance of numerous steroid hormones, neurohormones, neurotransmitters, nutrition status, psychological balance. Nobody knows everything about libido but Estrogen receptors are in the penis and estrogen may affect libido via other mechanisms such as influencing certain neurotransmitters.

Thanks for all your responses … Appreciate it … 2 weeks later I’m staring to feel a tad better - less depression / anxiety , but still absolutely no libido … I’m hoping another week or two I’ll be back to normal