E2 Question

Hi,

How long does Arimidex take to clear the system and estradiol levels return to what they were before?

I’ve self prescribed Arimidex but will be seeing a TRT doctor in around six weeks time - I’d prefer for the Doctor to prescribe Arimdex rather than me resource it, therefore I’d like my bloods to show the real levels if possible.

Any advice when dosing (I’m taking .25mg every other day) in determining if the dose is optimal (other than bloods)?

Thanks
Nick

Might not get Rx even if you really need it. Few docs understand what an optimal level is.

Some get Rx but cannot handle the costs and then go elsewhere.

If E2 is too low, libido gets worse or recovers briefly as E2 slide through ‘sweet spot’. Low E2 can mess with joints and mental function/mood.

Anastrozole has a ~ 36 hour half life, so it will take a week to clear the drug. How fast E2 increases depends on supply and liver clearance. So not very predictable. You can shoot for 2-3 weeks.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Might not get Rx even if you really need it. Few docs understand what an optimal level is.

Some get Rx but cannot handle the costs and then go elsewhere.

If E2 is too low, libido gets worse or recovers briefly as E2 slide through ‘sweet spot’. Low E2 can mess with joints and mental function/mood.

Anastrozole has a ~ 36 hour half life, so it will take a week to clear the drug. How fast E2 increases depends on supply and liver clearance. So not very predictable. You can shoot for 2-3 weeks.[/quote]

Thanks KSman,

Hopefully the TRT doc will prescribe if my E2 levels are not “optimum”. Otherwise it creates the problem that if I self medicate the Arimidex, but go to the TRT doc for the Testosterone then I’ll need to divulge I’m taking Arimidex so that the bloods can be explained/reviewed.

Nebido is given every 8-12 weeks so I don’t want to come off Arimidex three weeks before the injection just to have clean bloods otherwise he’s going to get the wrong picture.

It’s a difficult position I guess if the TRT doc doesn’t buy into everything. Mine has already stated he doesn’t normally prescribe Arimidex if the E2 is in range - even though he can see I’ve gone from the low to high end.

Thanks
Nick