E2 Question for the Experts

I have been on TRT for the past 4 years. First pellets, then gel, and finally since last November, self injections. My latest numbers from Labcorp had my TT at 1075 and E2 at 33. I do not recall offhand my FT number but it was above the high end of the range. I am currently taking 75mg of test cyp and 500iu HCG per week split into two doses each. In addition, I was taking 1mg Adex per week split in two doses. I felt pretty good but decided to take another .5 mg Adex to knock down the E2 toward 20 or so

It worked as last week I had my E2 tested and it came in at 25.2. However, I have noticed a concurrent drop in libido and morning wood. I recently read on another forum where someone was espousing the theory that the ratio of E2 to T was more important than the absolute number. In other words, with my t numbers being that high (not that I am complaining AT ALL) perhaps my E2 should be a bit higher as well.

Any thoughts from the resident experts here would be appreciated. BTW, my docs original script called for 2mg of Adex per week but I thought it might be overkill.

With E2=33 and target E2=22, new does is old dose * 33/22. Your current dose is good.

Stay where you are for a while, then go back to old dose for 2-3 weeks and see what that tells you. If some positive changes, try 1.25 per week and eval that.

I would expect that your emotions are “dryer”. Everyone is different and perhaps you do require a bit more E2.

[quote]KSman wrote:
With E2=33 and target E2=22, new does is old dose * 33/22. Your current dose is good.

Stay where you are for a while, then go back to old dose for 2-3 weeks and see what that tells you. If some positive changes, try 1.25 per week and eval that.

I would expect that your emotions are “dryer”. Everyone is different and perhaps you do require a bit more E2.

[/quote]

Thanks, ksman. Will do as you suggest and report back with the results.