Hey everyone. I’m reaching out for help as I seem to be having some issues controlling E2 and looking for help on an adjustment.
• On the T-side:
• Testosterone Cypionate every 4 days @ .35 cc
• Lab results at this dosage:
• Total T: 750 [250-1100 (ng/dL) ]
• Free T: 180 [ 46.0-224.0 (pg/mL) ]
• Bioavailable T: 371 [110.0-575.0 (ng/dL) ]
• SHBG: 17 [10-50 (nmol/L) ]
• Albumin: 4.5 [3.6-5.1 (g/dL)]
I know by SHBG is a bit low and one of the reasons I’m having issues. I don’t seem to fit into any of the classic categories for reasons of low SHBG (or at least the drs have not found an issue yet).
Now on the E2 side… Ive been having issues.
I first started on .5mg of Anastrazole EOD. This had my E2 too low (February lab results)…
• Estradiol – 11 pg/ml (reference range < 29)
• Estradiol free - .26 (reference range <.45)
So, we dropped the .5mg between days of the shots and simply went with .5 on the days of the shots.
• Estradiol – 21 (reference range < 29)
• Estradiol, Free - .51 (High) (reference range <.45)
Typically, you would think I would be perfect. However, with the low SHBG I get a lot of free Estradiol and even at this level I have lost the morning wood, feel incredibly cranky and cant sleep worth a darn. My best guess is that my body has a pretty small “window” of around 17-19 that it wants to be at. I felt the window as I was going through it… Wow, what a difference!
Since I shot up so much on just a simple .5 mg decrease… I think I have a few options:
- Take a .25 mg dose in between my T shots (.5/.25/.5)
- Go to .5mg every third day rather than every 4th day (doing this would get me out of tune with the shots… not sure if this matters or not)
- Trying a .25 mg dose every day.
Any suggestions here? I’m thinking my docs are stumped here as well.