T Nation

Dynamic Hug Issue

I been trying to strenghten my serratus anterior for sometime. I been using the face pull push up & shrug routine .I spoke to Mike Robertson about my issues & he told me to do this.

I did get a ct scan for snapping scapula it came back negative for abnormalities of the bone & tears. Last year i had c5-c6 fusion & shoulder impingement surgery (NO TEARS). My neck & shoulder feel great.

I was online and found a arcticle discussing an exercise called the dynamic hug.It supposingly activates the serratus anterior & subscapularis greater.Also, when I do internal prone rotations (subscap exercise) & set my shoulder at 90 degrees my shoulder begins to pop.

I started doing theses exercise but i get alot of snapping noise under my scapula. It’s like as if my scapula does’nt want to glide laterally. could use some opinions and advise

[quote]nkphish wrote:
I been trying to strenghten my serratus anterior for sometime. I been using the face pull push up & shrug routine .I spoke to Mike Robertson about my issues & he told me to do this.

I did get a ct scan for snapping scapula it came back negative for abnormalities of the bone & tears. Last year i had c5-c6 fusion & shoulder impingement surgery (NO TEARS). My neck & shoulder feel great.

I was online and found a arcticle discussing an exercise called the dynamic hug.It supposingly activates the serratus anterior & subscapularis greater.Also, when I do internal prone rotations (subscap exercise) & set my shoulder at 90 degrees my shoulder begins to pop.

I started doing theses exercise but i get alot of snapping noise under my scapula. It’s like as if my scapula does’nt want to glide laterally. could use some opinions and advise[/quote]

Are you seeing any sort of re-hab expert? Sports physio perhaps?