T Nation

Dynabolics - Is It Bollocks?

Hi. Today I was reading a book on copywriting and as an example of a sales letter it gave the pitch that can be found here:

www.themusclebuilder.com/index.htm

Sounds “too good to be true”…

I was intrigued enough to investigate the claims but nothing seems to come up in google.

It’s from a few years ago, but does anyone here know anything more about it and how much of a scam it was or wasn’t?

Wikipedia has something to say about the gdf8 but that doesn’t mean the supplement works, does it?

Any advice appreciated.

W.

Isn’t Dynabolics the book of Scientology?

:slight_smile:

I would bet my first born child on that stuff being a massive pile of bullshit.

Apparantly it makes protein shakes obselete. Wow, it breaks the laws of thermodynamics by somehow making you put on huge amounts of mass without actually consuming enough food.

That is impressive. I assume we will be reading about these people recieving a nobel prize in science?

“Its main ingredient is actually derived from a rare and exotic sea algae which has been shown to bind to the muscle-fighting GDF8 protein”

Weren’t products that were supposed to inhibit myostatin made from algae as well? Wow. We should all be eating algae and plankton, we’d all look like superheroes.

People ask me “dude are you on steroids?” I say “no I eat kelp salad a the local sushi bar.”

So that’s a yes, then.

But with a double your money back money guarantee, I suppose the worst that would happen is you’d eat your greens and get paid to do so.

[quote]David Barr wrote:
Isn’t Dynabolics the book of Scientology?

:)[/quote]

You’re thinking Dianetics. :slight_smile: