DW's Pull Progress

[quote]rainjack wrote:
doogie wrote:
Aw, come on. Credit where credit’s due. He’s made a lot of improvement.

Are we watching the same video?

I see my kid lifting like that after being taught how to do it right, and he’s gettin a whoopin’.

[/quote]

I didn’t say it was great (especially the last one), but there is a lot of improvement. I want to see his form with 135.

Bro,

the first couple in the 405x5 were pretty decent. Your fast off the floor, but suck bad at the knees, your hips/glutes are not strong enough to push through and your lower back might be a little weaker also. Also looks like ur upper back was rounding more than it should. Work on it.

There is no reason to hitch those weights while training in the gym(its not a competition), why risk injury?

Have you gained any weight? how many cals do u eat a day?

[quote]Adamsson wrote:
None of those deadlifts would have come trough in an IPF contest, end of discussion. Hitching the bar from the knee and up is not approved… :wink: [/quote]

Agreed - and he would need to lock out. I would have hated to see his form before if this is improved! I have a few suggestions – drop the weight down about 10-15%, something you can handle and work on your form with heavy weight. Try working rack pulls and pull thrus as well to work your hip pull. You have potential – I think you just need someone there to correct your form as you work.

Malinda

I would have to agree with the last poster, dropping the weights can be rough mentally, but in the long run that will save you from injuries AND get you bigger numbers. Go to a powerliftergym or get some advice from someone more experienced with you, fix your form and go on trough the roof!

nothing in the world is better than watching the D-Dubs slow-mo tough guy look after completing a set. Nothing.

[quote]DieselWeasel wrote:
http://media.putfile.com/max_pull_progress[/quote]

lol poor form. And your a pussy, needing a suit to deadlift 475lbs lol. I say you would be lucky to deadlift 400lbs raw.

just because you can get that much weight off the floor doesn’t mean you should. Back rounded, shoulders slumped forward, and all of that hitching, I am sure your spine thanks you on a daily basis, what are you trying to prove with such horrible technique?

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
Come on diesel, admit that this is a joke. There’s no way you could have thought that last lift was even close to good form. The only time you might have had a legit lift was the first three on the 405x4 deadlift. And even those probably wouldn’t have passed strict judging.

And why are you wearing PL gear? Those lifts would never pass in ANY federation, so you couldn’t be competing.[/quote]

That was actually a 405x5 deadlift, not 405x4. Why wouldn’t the first 4 out of 5 reps pass in a powerlifting meet? Do you even compete?

I compete, and those would never pass in an IPF competition, way too much hitching and dragging along the tighs, The IPF judges judge these things harshly.

[quote]DieselWeasel wrote:
cap’nsalty wrote:
Come on diesel, admit that this is a joke. There’s no way you could have thought that last lift was even close to good form. The only time you might have had a legit lift was the first three on the 405x4 deadlift. And even those probably wouldn’t have passed strict judging.

And why are you wearing PL gear? Those lifts would never pass in ANY federation, so you couldn’t be competing.

That was actually a 405x5 deadlift, not 405x4. Why wouldn’t the first 4 out of 5 reps pass in a powerlifting meet? Do you even compete?[/quote]

As a powerlifting national ref - I would have given you a red light for all of them. You never locked out in any of them. You shoulders, hips and knees are not locked. You hitch and look to be ramping the weight up your thighs.

I think that chick on the treadmill was checking you out. Now get over there and get-ya-game on.

Less hitching, but still. Your form looks like a proverbial butterface.
Good from far maybe, but still far from good.

[quote]Adamsson wrote:
None of those deadlifts would have come trough in an IPF contest, end of discussion. Hitching the bar from the knee and up is not approved… :wink: [/quote]

Dude please, there was no hitch on the first four reps - when is the last powerlifting contest you’ve been to? You must be kidding me right? There was no hitch.

[quote]superscience wrote:
DieselWeasel wrote:
http://media.putfile.com/max_pull_progress

lol poor form. And your a pussy, needing a suit to deadlift 475lbs lol. I say you would be lucky to deadlift 400lbs raw. [/quote]

Uh, I think if YOU actually lifted, you’d know that no one is getting 75lbs from a damn deadlift suit. I can’t believe the negativity - the dude has posted some funny shit in the past for sure, but this is MUCH improved and certainly nothing that deserves so much scorn- there aren’t many of you out there doing 405x4 or 5 PERIOD. And this guy can’t weigh 190. Give it a rest… “deadlift suit” is like “jumbo shrimp”…you’d know that if you lifted.

Seriously, it gives me chills. And by chills I mean fits of laughter.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
nothing in the world is better than watching the D-Dubs slow-mo tough guy look after completing a set. Nothing.[/quote]

Man I had to watch it again; nothing but a bunch of haters here. To Mr. “I compete and it none would have passed in IPF” - go back to lifting school - a slight stall on the way up at the thighs is not a hitch - a hitch is when the weight stops making progress and goes down - none of his first four did that. And furthermore, he never rested any of those first four on his thighs - another form of hitch.

And to Ms. “I’m a national ref and wouldn’t pass any - you didn’t lock out”…what a fucking joke. He’s doing reps not a contest single and I do believe he locked out the first few…please stick to reffing 8 year old soccer games please. I’m a national ref - “nicca please”.

Last time I remember a thread about everyone’s max deadlift - I don’t remember a whole bunch of you exceeding what this kid did.

Dog him for the past yes - he was scary and uninformed - but if you’re doggin these recent reps - you’re just being unecessarily negative.

And by the way “Diesel”…your upper back is weak relative to what you can get off the floor - just noticed that as well.

I hate that you guys put me in the position of actually defending this guy but damn!

The last powerlifting contest i was at was the norwegian nationals in January… :wink: And well, those lifts would never have been approved, period. One can say that DW has improved, but stating that this is good form is doing him a short-term service, like pissing in the pants to keep warm… it sucks when the pants freeze… :wink: No use telling the guy that he lifts good, when he obviously doesen’t.

Let me put this in understandable terms:

In my fed. (IPF) it is not allowed to pull the bar like he does up his tighs. Even if it is a smooth and slow movement, without hitching, it is not allowed as long as he drags the weights on his tighs.

And well, if my 510 1RM excludes me from making comments, please, point me to that rule… :wink:

You guys are stupid. Really. He ramps the weight up his thighs, and takes a 45 second rest in the middle of his 405x5.

And you think he deserves props for shit like that?

Body Guard - you need help. A lot of it.